Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

Considering the fact that this has only been announced on RMweb and the Derby Show, we are very pleased with the response so far - which Bachmann tell us is better than for some other Limited Editions. Once we get Alex's photos into the magazines, then are hoping to sell out so if you are interested, don't delay making your reservation.

That definitely sounds very promising that Bachmann will realise that once 37114 is sold out that they could do an Eastfield machine themselves :) I've never wanted a loco to sell out so fast in my life lol

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Even better from my point of view would be for Bachmann to replicate it in N gauge. If I were doing my current project in OO I would have snapped up two of these!

• Like 2

Thanks for your kind comments Ken and John, much appreciated. I do my best!! The slight visible carrier film annoyed me too, sometimes even when using Johnsons Klear it happens. I'll sort it later on with a pin and some more Klear.. 

More pics from Andy coming soon. 

Alex

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh I'd like to have more too but with 4 large logo including 025 already and other projects I really ought to be good and just keep it to the one already reserved with Alex :)

Alex is somewhat concerned about the right shade of yellow, on his fish and chips.

Alex.jpg

Meanwhile, I can say that the model has very much the right shade of yellows, not just on the nose but the slightly paler Stag logo panel. In fact it's an excellent standard of decoration of a sample.

37114_1.jpg

More pictures tomorrow and thank you very much to members of the MMRG for your hospitality this evening. :)

• Like 8
  • Funny 1

Alex is somewhat concerned about the right shade of yellow, on his fish and chips.

attachicon.gifAlex.jpg

Meanwhile, I can say that the model has very much the right shade of yellows, not just on the nose but the slightly paler Stag logo panel. In fact it's an excellent standard of decoration of a sample.

attachicon.gif37114_1.jpg

More pictures tomorrow and thank you very much to members of the MMRG for your hospitality this evening. :)

No problem at all, was good to have you with us! That's a very unflattering picture of me but it does demonstrate the 'yellow' issue perfectly!  :jester: Haha

• RMweb Premium

DCC Supper

Chip fitted

Hat Coat ...........

I'm sure that ketchup is the wrong shade of red

Edited by Ramrig

• RMweb Premium

Andy's visit wasn't all about the loco but you'll have to buy BRM to find out more . . . .

Layout in the background is 'Warner Street' 7mm which was 'Best Layout' at Wakefield last year and features in David Wright's latest book about backscenes due to be published in a few weeks time. Layout on Alex's right has been built by some of our more senior members and is for sale to help raise funds for the replacement building . . . . . .

attachicon.gifAlex.jpg

attachicon.gif37114_1.jpg

I think someone must has gone to the wrong Williamson's when Alex requested a paint Chip!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The model looks very good, but please can someone confirm whether the model will have radio aerials on the bonnet or not. Andy Y's photo immediately above has them, whereas Alex's decorated sample in post#1 and the photos of the real loco don't have it. Thanks.

The model looks very good, but please can someone confirm whether the model will have radio aerials on the bonnet or not. Andy Y's photo immediately above has them, whereas Alex's decorated sample in post#1 and the photos of the real loco don't have it. Thanks.

Yes I didn't have time to add them for the show, but as per a previous post they'll be fitted to the model. I fitted them on tuesday in time for Andy's shoot last night.

Thanks for your orders guys, still rolling in steady!

• RMweb Premium

Yes I didn't have time to add them for the show, but as per a previous post they'll be fitted to the model. I fitted them on tuesday in time for Andy's shoot last night.

Thanks for your orders guys, still rolling in steady!

That's a pity, for me at least :-)  How easy are they remove with a scalpel? A made a mess on a Bachmann 47, but that has the inverted V to remove as well.

Edited by brushman47544

That's a pity, for me at least :-)  How easy are they remove with a scalpel? A made a mess on a Bachmann 47, but that has the inverted V to remove as well.

Very easy, just pull them out with pliers or simply cut off at the base with a scalpel. 

Funny how you picked 114 because it had one of the longest names because if Bachmann do use the tooling for an Eastfield 37 I'm hoping it's either un-named or the shortest name possible like Loch Eil to make it easier to model something else from it :)

• Like 1

Yesterday tractor_37260 and myself remembered that we or Bachmann can't use this tooling for many of the Eastfield large logo 37's because of the roof differences so I won't be able to use it for things like 37012, 26, 27, 43 or 81 etc... I could use it for 37111 with alterations to the large logo livery but that's about it unfortunately. Best I can hope for is a large logo split headcode using the tooling with the trench/gouge down the side :(

Not sure what to do with the two I've ordered now, whether to keep both as 37114, one in mint condition for display and one heavily weathered to run, or to modify one of them to 37111

Oh well, back to the drawing board lol

Yesterday tractor_37260 and myself remembered that we or Bachmann can't use this tooling for many of the Eastfield large logo 37's because of the roof differences so I won't be able to use it for things like 37012, 26, 27, 43 or 81 etc... I could use it for 37111 with alterations to the large logo livery but that's about it unfortunately. Best I can hope for is a large logo split headcode using the tooling with the trench/gouge down the side :(

Not sure what to do with the two I've ordered now, whether to keep both as 37114, one in mint condition for display and one heavily weathered to run, or to modify one of them to 37111

Oh well, back to the drawing board lol

I've got a 37043 from a 37035 in Dutch , what's the issue ?

I've got a 37043 from a 37035 in Dutch , what's the issue ?

Hi Rob

What livery is your 37 043 ? I'm assuming it's Dutch or Dutch Transrail -  later in life 043 also had flush plated nose fronts with HI headlights -  same as 035.  Dutch 37 035 (flushed nose doors) is not suitable for the early ED Blue or L/L liveries - unless you change the nose ends from the likes of a Blue 37 049 which has the original as built connecting doors.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/roddymacphee/9368081198/in/photolist-fgPSam-9tqNJn-9C1sWz-dM7f18-b8BLsi-9vC3ZF-fSFCjz-RZNmjg-c1irs3-doVmaF-abcPrn-8SmCJi-8SmCMT-hHTSaY-r2qcpN-kFd2GH-c2by7o-RHKAud-brReuB-jkrwVx-9C1sK6-sijTVE-fgUh7g-etG2F8-cyiEwW-dapUJC-JCeL33-a7dW2M-ddYVWX-iHX6MK-q6Vtcc-pE396m-JJhPVq-etG27n-cyizDq-nCVi8Y-nE5Hiz-cy4G37-etG18g-7Z3TE2-hAhjEp-dA7x2Y-qrFX5w-cR22Mj-kFh6LK-oWBgF9-dthbuS-dLP256-8swQqK-diHsh7

Regards

Ken

• Like 1

Hi Rob

What livery is your 37 043 ? I'm assuming it's Dutch or Dutch Transrail -  later in life 043 also had flush plated nose fronts with HI headlights -  same as 035.  Dutch 37 035 (flushed nose doors) is not suitable for the early ED Blue or L/L liveries - unless you change the nose ends from the likes of a Blue 37 049 which has the original as built connecting doors.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/roddymacphee/9368081198/in/photolist-fgPSam-9tqNJn-9C1sWz-dM7f18-b8BLsi-9vC3ZF-fSFCjz-RZNmjg-c1irs3-doVmaF-abcPrn-8SmCJi-8SmCMT-hHTSaY-r2qcpN-kFd2GH-c2by7o-RHKAud-brReuB-jkrwVx-9C1sK6-sijTVE-fgUh7g-etG2F8-cyiEwW-dapUJC-JCeL33-a7dW2M-ddYVWX-iHX6MK-q6Vtcc-pE396m-JJhPVq-etG27n-cyizDq-nCVi8Y-nE5Hiz-cy4G37-etG18g-7Z3TE2-hAhjEp-dA7x2Y-qrFX5w-cR22Mj-kFh6LK-oWBgF9-dthbuS-dLP256-8swQqK-diHsh7

Regards

Ken

Ok confused now. I know the nose is too late for early split boxes on mine - it's Dutch with transrail.

But that was an example, I was thinking roof as you mentioned roof...

Cos I looked at a photo of 37012 and the nose was split box with doors like 114, so what stops you doing 012 , say, from the limited edition ?

But that was an example, I was thinking roof as you mentioned roof...

Cos I looked at a photo of 37012 and the nose was split box with doors like 114, so what stops you doing 012 , say, from the limited edition ?

37114 has the welded roof, as introduced from 37096. Everything before was riveted, the most obvious sign of this being the three reinforcing strips across the boiler compartment.