Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

Just a thought, but has any consideration been given to giving those who purchase this model, the first dibbs on any future models that you produce?  It would also be nice to have that option and keep the same certificate number......  Rail Express used to do his very successfully.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Just a thought, but has any consideration been given to giving those who purchase this model, the first dibbs on any future models that you produce?  It would also be nice to have that option and keep the same certificate number......  Rail Express used to do his very successfully.

Thanks.

Funnily enough, yes that's the plan! Flyers/pre order forms for the next model/s will be posted out with 37114 orders, so that will give each existing customer an option to pre-order the next model/s and keep their existing certificate number. And if they don't fill in and return the completed physical or online form within a certain time, then it'll roll over to a new customer. So exactly as per the old Rail Express limited editions. 

Personally i've never been fussed about certificate numbers but I understand quite a few are and it went down well with the older Rail Express models, so we're going to follow suit. 

Alex

Edited by Lochnagar
  • Like 3

Whatever the nose job,

It’s in production and looks very nice. I don’t need one as I don’t model Scottish railways but I certainly would if I did !

Best of luck

Thanks Rob! 

As a quick update, if anyone wants to see 37114 'in the plastic' then you'll be able to come and see us and it at Model Rail Scotland..I'll be helping out operating Aberdeen Kirkhill 2, and it'll be in service hauling trains as it should be! But feel free to come and annoy us and I'll show you the factory sample or my painted loco. Order forms will be available from us at the layout if you can't find one at the show. We're currently down to almost 20 models left, and I expect to hand a out a fair few pre order forms at the show so I think this really is anyones last chance to get one. 

Looking forward to MRS, and indeed 37114.

Many thanks,

Alex

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just to say the expected delivery date for our 37114 to land here is June, I was waiting for possible news of an earlier date but I think it's safer to say June. That way people can plan finances etc. That's a pretty firm date, so don't worry I'm not stringing you along on false hope. There is a small chance of it arriving a few weeks earlier but I'll keep you updated on here first. Just so nobody thinks we've forgotten to get in touch with them etc etc, it's all in hand. Chinese new year etc has pushed it back a bit.

So once again, thanks for your orders and we/I will be in touch to arrange payment when they arrive.

Thanks for supporting our new building! No pun intended.. 

As we stand, approaching single figures left. 

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a little update to squash a rumour. Someone on the Bachmann stand at Model Rail Scotland has been incorrectly telling folks enquiring that our 37114 has been delivered already, and some of our pre order customers were getting worried that they've missed it. This is incorrect, as stated above they have been delayed in China and delivery is expected in June. So no need to worry!

The show was a great success, and as of close of business on Sunday we only had 3 models left available to order. Obviously I'll keep taking orders as long as they keep flowing in, as reserve incase we have any cancellations. So once again, thanks! I'm AFK for a couple of days now, but any questions PM me and I'll get back when I can.

Alex

• Like 2

Further to my previous post, Model Rail Scotland was a great success, and I'm very glad it wasn't this weekend because we probably would've got stuck in the snow. Anyway, I'm pleased to report that 37114 has now sold out. HOWEVER..if anyone is reading this and would still like one, please still fill in the pre order form on the website mmrg.org.uk because there will always be a small number of pre-orders that will get cancelled for whatever reason, so any further names on the list will be put on a reserve list for when this happens. So carry on as we were. 

Many thanks everyone, first model down, more to come! Thanks for helping to save Mickleover Model Railway Group and by default the Derby show, couldn't have done this without you. 

Alex

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Update. As he works in a school that has been closed due to the weather, our 'web wizard' has been doing some housekeeping on the database and has identified a few expressions of interest which appear to have been duplicated, perhaps using different email addresses.. He has emailed all those concerned, asking them to confirm their details and the number of loco's required.

As a result there may be a few still available - we can't promise anything and all those on the waiting list will be dealt with on a 'first come first served' basis so even at this late stage you may be lucky and secure your own 37114.

Other News. Those who have been following this topic will recall that we are fundraising to replace our Clubroom. At the moment the City Council have contractors replacing windows at the Community Centre next door who inadvertently blocked our fire exit. When I spoke to them about this, I mentioned our ideas for the building and they have agreed to meet us and look at options and costs so that's another step in the right direction.

• 1 month later...

Production samples arrived at Barwell on Tuesday and are currently being checked over. So hopefully I'll have some pics for you within a week or so! 37114 is now in production, delivery still expected early to mid June. 

Thanks!

Alex

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I’ve not received any communication about this model since I registered for one well over a year ago, which is surprising. Any idea when they will be contacting people who have expressed an interest in one? When will we have to pay?

Edited by aureol40012

I’ve not received any communication about this model since I registered for one well over a year ago, which is surprising. Any idea when they will be contacting people who have expressed an interest in one? When will we have to pay?

You will have had a conformation email at the time of ordering provided the details were entered correctly into the online order form, but they have a nasty habit of going into folks spam folders! We sent out a current data protection consent email two weeks ago for all customers who are pre-registerd on our order database. If you didn't get that one, message me as that would indicate you entered an incorrect email address on the online form. Or again check the spam/junk folder as it might just be in there. 

We'll be in touch for payment when the models arrive, which is currently scheduled for mid to late June. Obviously it'll take us a few weeks to process 500 orders. They are currently on the high seas.. 

Alex

• RMweb Premium

We'll be in touch for payment when the models arrive, which is currently scheduled for mid to late June. Obviously it'll take us a few weeks to process 500 orders. They are currently on the high seas.. 

Alex

Can you tell us how do you expect to arrange payment?

If by bank transfer, I will be on holiday for most of July and will not have secure wifi or access to internet banking to be able to do it. Payment would need to be made by card over the phone in that period, or will you be able to hold the model until I'm back?

• RMweb Premium

We are in the middle of setting up a separate bank account for these transactions to make my life as treasurer a little easier. We are unsure at this stage what facilities the new bank can provide (and at what cost) but the alternative would be to set up a Paypal Business Account that would then gives buyers the option of using Paypal or alternatively Paypal can handle any sort of card transaction - I'm not sure if we will be able to handle card payments over the phone because of the new GDPR Data Protection regulations and the need to operate a secure website that is in line with the PCIDSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) requirements - by using Paypal we ensure compliance as they deal with all online finance and we don't get to see card numbers etc.

Of course we would be happy to hold the model until you return - in any case it's going to take us a while to unpack, add certificates, repack, box up, address and post anyway so it's got to be a phased approach and they won't all go out on the same day - remember we are club where many members have other commitments and we don't operate like Hatton's (or add the name of a retailer of your choice) with next day delivery !!

Thanks for your support.

Mike

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

We have been tracking the container ship across the oceans from China and it docked in UK last week. Unloading and Custom's clearance seem to have been completed in record time, and the latest info from Bachmann is that the container has now arrived at Barwell. It will then need to be unloaded and checked before we are invoiced for a rather large amount which will wipe out our bank account - remember that we didn't take any deposits or stage payments.

Once payment is made the loco will be released for delivery and then the fun starts as we will have to contact everyone to arrange payment and then as payments come in, the locos will be packed, labelled and dispatched. This will take a couple of weeks and so it's going to be mid-July before the first ones are ready to go.

We need to mention that there has been a price increase in line with the usual annual updating of prices by Bachmann and as we have no option to pay the increase and pass it on to our customers, we are going to offer free post and packing at a considerable cost to the Club. I believe we are using UK Mail 48hr tracked service at a cost of £6 so that's £3000 plus the cost of boxes etc. This is a lesson learned and so the next loco may come with different terms and conditions (yes there is another loco on order with deposit already paid). Suggestions include one or more of the following ideas - deposit with order, stage payment when the boat sails, free post only for those who pay before a certain date - other ideas welcome !

Thanks for your support - and your patience as we are now a long way past the original suggested delivery date.

Mike

for Mickleover MRG

• Like 1

Just to add to Mike's post..yes 37114 is due VERY soon. But it'll take us a few weeks to prepare and start dispatching the models, so please bear with us. The models are now at a revised price of £164.95 due to Bachmann's increases which we have to pass on, which is still a tenner below the current RRP of some limited 37s, so it's not too bad. And we're now offering free UK postage to offset the price increase, and as a thank you for being patient! 

We will be in touch soon, big thank you to all of you who have supported us with this one..and the next ones!

Heres some tasty pictures for you in the meantime..

Alex

post-9660-0-79625300-1530103330_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-72324900-1530103354_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-72734500-1530103373_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-28556500-1530103388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lochnagar
  • Like 3

We have been tracking the container ship across the oceans from China and it docked in UK last week. Unloading and Custom's clearance seem to have been completed in record time, and the latest info from Bachmann is that the container has now arrived at Barwell. It will then need to be unloaded and checked before we are invoiced for a rather large amount which will wipe out our bank account - remember that we didn't take any deposits or stage payments.

Once payment is made the loco will be released for delivery and then the fun starts as we will have to contact everyone to arrange payment and then as payments come in, the locos will be packed, labelled and dispatched. This will take a couple of weeks and so it's going to be mid-July before the first ones are ready to go.

We need to mention that there has been a price increase in line with the usual annual updating of prices by Bachmann and as we have no option to pay the increase and pass it on to our customers, we are going to offer free post and packing at a considerable cost to the Club. I believe we are using UK Mail 48hr tracked service at a cost of £6 so that's £3000 plus the cost of boxes etc. This is a lesson learned and so the next loco may come with different terms and conditions (yes there is another loco on order with deposit already paid). Suggestions include one or more of the following ideas - deposit with order, stage payment when the boat sails, free post only for those who pay before a certain date - other ideas welcome !

Thanks for your support - and your patience as we are now a long way past the original suggested delivery date.

Mike

for Mickleover MRG

Many thanks for the updates from yourself and Alex.  Have you announced what the next loco is?

Regards,

Ken.

• RMweb Gold

For those of us who've ordered the weathering too are you going to charge us with all the rest to get the money sorted? and then a few weeks of intense activity after weathering for Alex ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for the updates from yourself and Alex.  Have you announced what the next loco is?

Regards,

Ken.

No announcement about the next loco and probably won't say anything for a few months yet - we have our next exhibition at Mickleover in October and so that might be when we start taking orders..

However for those who want to support our plans to rebuild the clubrooms and can't afford a loco, we have the Eastfield Tool Van, a Yellow BG on order. This was announced at our Derby show at the Roundhouse in May. See here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/134063-mickleover-mrg-announce-eastfield-tool-van-at-derby-show/

• Like 1

For those of us who've ordered the weathering too are you going to charge us with all the rest to get the money sorted? and then a few weeks of intense activity after weathering for Alex ;)

Hi Paul,

Yes I think that's probably what's going to happen, I've made a note of all the private work, aka weathering and sound fitting so I'll be in touch individually with each customer to discuss. It may work out that it's best to pay me independently when it's ready to post back to the customer. Either way I'll advise! 

Yes it'll be a busy few weeks ahead..