Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

Hi Alex,

Knowing a little about some significant systems upgrades the company I work for is about to implement and after reading about the issues that another manufacturer/producer has been having with their Website and payment systems, I don't envy the time and effort that you guys must be putting in. Good luck. I'm looking forward to receiving my e-mail as and when the systems are up and running and, having seen on another website your next loco, placing an order for that as well.

Cheers,

PJ10

Thanks, yes massive effort and time required as you say, we've made significant steps forward this week so the emails will be going out next week if all goes to plan! 

Alex

• RMweb Premium

Payment links are going out, just paid for mine

Thanks for the quick payment Paul - I recognised the name when I created the link to WorldPay.

However it's going to take ages to do this as every customer has to get an individual email that has to be created on the Worldpay site by copying and pasting the information from our order details - not a quick job despite what the salesman told me. I was under the impression that we could import the email list into their system but as every individual transaction gets a separate reference number it has to be individual emails. There are only so many times that you can write Bachmann 37114 £164.95 before you go mad - although some would say I'm mad already !

At least this is a cheaper option than using Paypal for Business as the percentage commission charges are much less.

Please remember that we all have full time jobs and another life outside model railways so the payment requests will go out over the next couple of weeks as and when we have time - the same applies to despatch - we do not guarantee a next day service.

• RMweb Premium

Well I'll count myself lucky the order went in quick onbthe first day :) Anyway at least I know it can go into Alex's job pile and I'll be patiently waiting.

Just checked my own confirmation, and it went in at 09.54 am on the first day of ordering. So eagerly awaiting my invoice and model, mainly so I can see what the next 'Limited Edition' is going to be !!

post-22167-0-60064600-1534358445_thumb.jpg

Just checked my own confirmation, and it went in at 09.54 am on the first day of ordering. So eagerly awaiting my invoice and model, mainly so I can see what the next 'Limited Edition' is going to be !!

attachicon.gifmmrg.JPG

Hopefully I should receive my invoice the same time as you as my order went in just before.

Thank you for expressing your interest in our limited edition Bachmann OO

gauge model: Class 37/0 No: 37114 Dunrobin Castle.

Your request to reserve 2 model(s) was submitted on Mon 08-05-2017 09:32

BST.

Mickleover Model Railway Group will be in touch again when the models are

due to arrive to arrange payment details with you.

Mickleover Model Railway Group.

Ken.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifmmrg.JPG

Have a watch of Daveclass47’s review of the model on YouTube..... He makes mention of the paperwork for the next model and what it is.....

• Like 1

Have a watch of Daveclass47’s review of the model on YouTube..... He makes mention of the paperwork for the next model and what it is.....

Yes definitely, heres a linky.. big thanks to Dave for this.

Alex

Edited by Lochnagar

Thanks chaps, the first payment requests/links were sent out today. We're doing this bit by bit, so please be patient with us as it's not going to be 'next day'. Or at least until we get the new webshop set up!

We're sending out a batch of links per day, and then sending out those models. And repeat the process how ever many times until we're through the lot. We'll get the first batch posted out early to mid next week, possibly this weekend. As Mike said, next day or fast postage isn't an option here at the moment for a few reasons, but we'll get through it. 

I would like all of the models gone by the end of the month, which is realistic. So it's not going to take ages, just not the usual quick delivery most of us expect nowadays when we order online. 

Rest assured once you have paid, we know about it and we are on the order, and your loco/s will be sent via the next posting session. 

Literally not enough hours in the day atm!

Alex

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So eagerly awaiting my invoice and model, mainly so I can see what the next 'Limited Edition' is going to be !!

And what a good choice it is too. I'm a happy bunny.

Roy

That's two happy bunnies. Delighted with the next LE model :)

• RMweb Premium

That's two happy bunnies. Delighted with the next LE model :)

Great stuff - I did hope it would be one of those, although I personally was hoping for one that had the white lower bodyside stripe to make it stand out more as a Scottish livery variation from the standard BR blue locos.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

Great stuff - I did hope it would be one of those, although I personally was hoping for one that had the white lower bodyside stripe to make it stand out more as a Scottish livery variation from the standard BR blue locos.

Totally agree. To be honest that would have the reason for me to purchase.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I  received the payment e-mail late on Wednesday evening and want to pay, but there is no "Pay now" button / hyperlink to click in the e-mail  Does anybody else have this problem?  (I can't see an answer on the FAQs link or through Google so I've e-mailed MMRG and am waiting for an answer.)

• RMweb Premium

I  received the payment e-mail late on Wednesday evening and want to pay, but there is no "Pay now" button / hyperlink to click in the e-mail  Does anybody else have this problem?  (I can't see an answer on the FAQs link or through Google so I've e-mailed MMRG and am waiting for an answer.)

Hi Mike

Sorry to hear about the problem you have faced. I did get a phone call yesterday from another customer with the same problem but he called again about five minutes later to say he had opened the email again and the button was there and his transaction was completed. The emails are sent out by Worldpay and so far I have created almost 150, with around 50 that have completed OK. All I can suggest is that there is something stopping the email from fully opening - perhaps a slow connection or poor signal if using a mobile device. Is it possible to try again on another machine.

The only other alternative is a direct payment to our bank account. We cannot take credit or debit card details over the phone as we are not compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCIDSS) which is why we are using Worldpay so we don't get any information about the card number etc.

Please contact me by PM if you still have problems.

To everyone else - please don't email the Club website asking when you will get your invoice as each one has to be loaded onto the Worldpay site individually - I'm getting through them as fast as I can . . . . . . . .

Another Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike

Sorry to hear about the problem you have faced. I did get a phone call yesterday from another customer with the same problem but he called again about five minutes later to say he had opened the email again and the button was there and his transaction was completed. The emails are sent out by Worldpay and so far I have created almost 150, with around 50 that have completed OK. All I can suggest is that there is something stopping the email from fully opening - perhaps a slow connection or poor signal if using a mobile device. Is it possible to try again on another machine.

The only other alternative is a direct payment to our bank account. We cannot take credit or debit card details over the phone as we are not compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCIDSS) which is why we are using Worldpay so we don't get any information about the card number etc.

Please contact me by PM if you still have problems.

To everyone else - please don't email the Club website asking when you will get your invoice as each one has to be loaded onto the Worldpay site individually - I'm getting through them as fast as I can . . . . . . . .

Another Mike

Many thanks. I don't understand what went wrong as my internet connection is solid and the button did not display when viewing the e-mail on either my PC or iPad.  However, looking at the source code of the message I could see the URL of the payment page and by pasting that into my web browser I could make (and have just made) the payment.   I don't know enough about html to see if there was an error in the coding that prevented the button displaying or if it was stopped by some security feature, but if anybody else has a similar problem, this workaround may help them.

Mike B

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks. I don't understand what went wrong as my internet connection is solid and the button did not display when viewing the e-mail on either my PC or iPad.  However, looking at the source code of the message I could see the URL of the payment page and by pasting that into my web browser I could make (and have just made) the payment.   I don't know enough about html to see if there was an error in the coding that prevented the button displaying or if it was stopped by some security feature, but if anybody else has a similar problem, this workaround may help them.

Mike B

Thanks Mike - pleased that you were able to make the payment. I'll keep that in mind if anyone else has the same problem - but for an IT novice like me, how do I find the source code??

It might be a setting about whether it automatically downloads images, the button looked a bit like an image file to me

It might be a setting about whether it automatically downloads images, the button looked a bit like an image file to me