Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

How do you know if you’re details were received. I registered for the loco back in January but not heard anything since?

If you registered online, you should have received an automated email at the time which would mean that your order had been accepted and you were on the list. After that we sent out another email a few months ago asking you to accept that we had to keep your records in the database so that we were in compliance with the GDPR regulations.

If you didn't get the two emails then I need to check further. Please send me a PM with your full name, address and email so I can check.

As mentioned above, we are only able to process a few orders each evening and so it depends where you are on the list when we will ask for your payment.

Let there be light!

First batch....

Are they working headlights?

Yes indeed.

Where do you get the headlights from? Are they a readily available product or do you make them yourself from mini LEDs?

Let there be light!

First batch....

Are they working headlights?

Yes indeed.

Are they lights you buy in or make yourself. Are they available to purchase separately? Could use a few sets.

Thanks.

On another note loving the model of 37114, just another reason to pull my finger out and get a layout built.

To the folk asking about the headlights.....I make them myself, a brief description can be found on my workbench thread, accessed via my signature. They are available for 'diy' fitting, however you must be happy to disassemble the loco, drill the nose ends, glue the headlamps in place, and then solder connections onto the nose end pcb lighting board. Alternatively, I can install them for you. Drop me a pm.

Cheers, Alex I hope that's okay, not trying to jump in on your thread here  :angel:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One of my fellow club members received his Dunrobin Castle in time for our show last weekend.   Mine arrived on Tuesday (28th).  One small teething trouble, it was prone to stalling on points at slow speeds, then I discovered one of the pick ups was not making contact and it was easily put right and now runs beautifully.

One of my fellow club members received his Dunrobin Castle in time for our show last weekend.   Mine arrived on Tuesday (28th).  One small teething trouble, it was prone to stalling on points at slow speeds, then I discovered one of the pick ups was not making contact and it was easily put right and now runs beautifully.

Dunrobin Castle arrived today, Fantastic

Email swiftly sent for Loch Awe too

Great job folks

The joys of mass production.. as you say easily fixed. I usually do this on everything i get. 

Thanks for the good feedback chaps, great to hear. So far I've had one loco returned with a broken buffer. I have spares so if anyone else has this message me with your address and I'll send you new ones. Or as per several customers I know, hope them all off and replace with a set of nice Hornby class 50 buffers off ebay! I do this on my locos too. Only about £7. 

Just labelled up another 70 locos for dispatch monday. 

• Like 3

I got home from holiday yesterday to a bit of a surprise! My neighbour had both my 37114's at their house waiting for me. Surprise because i'd emailed and had it confirmed that my two models would be held until I got back from holiday so that they weren't stuck in a delivery van or thrown about a sorting office or sent back! Luckily they were both undamaged but going on the "we tried to deliver cards" on the carpet they had been out 3 times before being delivered to a neighbour.

Love the models and one of them will hopefully eventually become 37111

I got home from holiday yesterday to a bit of a surprise! My neighbour had both my 37114's at their house waiting for me. Surprise because i'd emailed and had it confirmed that my two models would be held until I got back from holiday so that they weren't stuck in a delivery van or thrown about a sorting office or sent back! Luckily they were both undamaged but going on the "we tried to deliver cards" on the carpet they had been out 3 times before being delivered to a neighbour.

Love the models and one of them will hopefully eventually become 37111

Messaged you. At last you got them ok. 

I just found a couple more photos of 37114 taken in August 1985 when the loco was still in very clean condition.

Firstly, departing Inverness  .......

post-7898-0-86698700-1535997798_thumb.jpg

and at Kyle of Lochalsh

post-7898-0-23658700-1535997712_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Paid last, Thursday, still waiting on conformation of delivery etc.

Regards Jeff

Hi Jeff

I can confirm that payment was advised to us Friday. As far as I know about 70 boxes went in the post using Royal Mail on Monday or Tuesday and so one of those should be with you before the end of the week.

Paid last, Thursday, still waiting on conformation of delivery etc.

Regards Jeff

Hi Jeff

I can confirm that payment was advised to us Friday. As far as I know about 70 boxes went in the post using Royal Mail on Monday or Tuesday and so one of those should be with you before the end of the week.

It'll be in this weeks batch. The aim is one week from payment to posting, hopefully a few days but the worst scenario was a couple of weeks at the outset which won't happen again. I've sent about 30 today, and 70 something on monday and tuesday. I saw a Jeff in those. 

Going well now, still a learning curve. 

Alex

Afternoon.

Can someone please confirm that the orders are being processed in order that were received. I ask because a friend has already received his and he ordered his before me. I did receive both emails regarding the new data protection.

Thanks in advance

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon.

Can someone please confirm that the orders are being processed in order that were received. I ask because a friend has already received his and he ordered his before me. I did receive both emails regarding the new data protection.

Thanks in advance

Mick

Correct - or at least as far as I know as I didn't compile the original database. We were accepting order forms at the Derby show in May last year and then after that following articles in the magazines we had further orders online via the website.

Our 'Web Wizard' set up an automated process that put the online orders into a spreadsheet but all the paper orders were added manually as and when time was available. This means that the list is not strictly in the order that they were received.

I am now working down that list sending out individual emails via Worldpay to every customer - again as and when time allows but I have been away for two consecutive weekends due to family weddings as I had hoped to have finished by now. We are then advised when the card payment has been processed and I pass the details to Alex who is sending them out - again in batches as and when time allows. The first delivery was by DPD but after some issues there we are now using Royal Mail second class - remember that as Bachmann put the price up we are now sending them post free at our expense.

Without knowing you full name, I can't say where you are on the list but you should be contacted by early next week to make payment.

Thanks for your support.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Also bear in mind poor Alex still has a pile of models to weather amongst posting out all the orders ;) I ordered on the first day via Alex and was in the first few to pay so it's on the way but this is a few guys sorting it all in their spare time so it's never going to be fast and I'm not worried it falls behind those that ordered after me. At least no one who's got there's yet has anything but praise for it :)

I need to get the layout up so I can test it when it arrives!

I'm looking forward to it even more seeing these pics.

Correct - or at least as far as I know as I didn't compile the original database. We were accepting order forms at the Derby show in May last year and then after that following articles in the magazines we had further orders online via the website.

Our 'Web Wizard' set up an automated process that put the online orders into a spreadsheet but all the paper orders were added manually as and when time was available. This means that the list is not strictly in the order that they were received.

I am now working down that list sending out individual emails via Worldpay to every customer - again as and when time allows but I have been away for two consecutive weekends due to family weddings as I had hoped to have finished by now. We are then advised when the card payment has been processed and I pass the details to Alex who is sending them out - again in batches as and when time allows. The first delivery was by DPD but after some issues there we are now using Royal Mail second class - remember that as Bachmann put the price up we are now sending them post free at our expense.

Without knowing you full name, I can't say where you are on the list but you should be contacted by early next week to make payment.

Thanks for your support.

Mike

I fully appreciate that that it will take time and will be patient. Thanks for you help.

Mick

Afternoon.

Thanks in advance

Mick

If he ordered his before you then yes the system is working! If you haven't had the worldpay email in a couple of weeks, message me and I'll give you bacs details. A lot of the worldpay emails aren't getting through and I'm having to manually call the customers. So either way nobody will be missed unless they don't pick up the phone after a few attempts. Message me your details if you want and I'll check the order is present. 

Another 100 ish have gone this week!

Alex