Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

That weathered version looks absolutely fantastic Alex! Not saying the pristine doesn’t but the weathering really brings that loco to life.

Thanks! I spent a good while on that one making it look right..if anything it's too clean for an Inverness loco! Always weathered for me, even if it's extraordinarily light..just takes away the factory sheen.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks! I spent a good while on that one making it look right..if anything it's too clean for an Inverness loco! Always weathered for me, even if it's extraordinarily light..just takes away the factory sheen.

And as one of Alex's long term clients,I can assure you that he'll do the business.You are in for a treat.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

Yes I think that's probably what's going to happen, I've made a note of all the private work, aka weathering and sound fitting so I'll be in touch individually with each customer to discuss. It may work out that it's best to pay me independently when it's ready to post back to the customer. Either way I'll advise!

Yes it'll be a busy few weeks ahead..

Remind me how much it is to upgrade to sound ;) . . .

37114 was pretty clean when I saw it at Kyle of Lochalsh but I do prefer your weathered version.

post-7898-0-58069800-1530189860_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

You may just end up with a few hundred 114's to weather................... :jester:

Remind me how much it is to upgrade to sound ;) . . .

Legomanbiffo with standard speaker was £140 supplied and fitted by yours truly, programmed to 114 and volume turned up. The standard 20x40mm speaker is actually pretty good, my weathered loco has it and it's not as feeble as you'd expect..I will swap it out for something bigger but that involves more work, but I'm happy with it for the time being which says a lot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Morning folks, just a little note to say..actually no..it's quite a big note, THEY'RE HERE!! 37114 has arrived safe and well. 

We have taken delivery and are currently packing orders, which will be shipped out shortly once payment has been made, we will be in touch via email or phone. As we're not a shop this process is going to take a bit longer than normal because we're still setting things up and learning as we go. Next time things will be a lot smoother, and as you can imagine this is not an easy task to manage. But we're getting there, payment will be arranged via Worldpay, which will be an email link which will be sent out to you hopefully next week. It's a very similar system to PayPal, and is secure. 

Quality control has passed at Bachmann, and it's also passed my quality control with flying colours which is quite a rare occurrence! It's one of the best looking Bachmann class 37s I've seen, if not the best..although I'm probably slightly biased. I'll post some pictures up of the model this weekend, but for now heres some packing shots, and the high quality certificates which I think look fantastic. The certificates are supplied pushed into the front of the box sleeve, but they are designed to fit into the box tray for secure storage once you've opened your model. I don't believe in cheap single sided paper certificates so I hope you like them. 

One little teaser..in the box you'll find a pre-order form for our next limited edition locomotive, if you liked that you'll like this! This next loco will be announced officially on here and to the press in mid August, but we wanted to give our existing customers of 37114 first dibs. Details of how to order are on the enclosed compliments slip which you'll find in the box.

More pics soon, and once again thank you for your support. Couldn't have done this without you. 

Alex

post-9660-0-11594500-1532684506_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-69611000-1532684529_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-30287300-1532684543_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-12420400-1532684560_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Well done Alex and his packing team - my contribution was to buy the bubblewrap and sticky tape . . . . . . !!

As for the froth - well that just what we need in this dry weather . . . . . . . . 

Mike

Excellent news, I have 2 on order and was worried i'd have to cancel one of them due to other stuff also being due, but ive just received a pay rise and annual bonus, so that means that i'm safe and can keep my order of two locos :)

looking forward to finding out what the next model is but i'll not join in any froth lol

• Like 1

I remember when our man received the consignment of our 512 37003 locos for distribution. He's never been the same since, and has vowed not to even be in the Country when our next foray arrives in the new year!

Have fun, and enjoy the proceeds of your hard work.

Martin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Anybody received their invoice yet? I seem to be missing a number of expected emails recently and I don’t won’t to be late paying for my model. I am not bothered how long I wait for it to arrive, I am just conscious that this is not from a regular shop and cashflow is even more important.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Anybody received their invoice yet? I seem to be missing a number of expected emails recently and I don’t won’t to be late paying for my model. I am not bothered how long I wait for it to arrive, I am just conscious that this is not from a regular shop and cashflow is even more important.

Roy

No I’ve not received any invoice yet. Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

They should be in contact in the next two weeks. Alex has been in touch for weathering as he's keeping it separate and said they are sorting it all out and then will contact us. They only have evenings and weekends so it may take a little longer than a shop to sort :)

Roy

Thanks Roy, we're all packed up and ready to go now, just organising the payment link before we can send anything out. We HOPE to get this rolling late this week and early next..I'll keep you all posted on here. When the payment links go out via email I'll let you know on here. For those without email, I'll be in touch directly and arrange payment with you. Same goes for anyone who doesn't respond to the email for whatever reason, no worries as I'll be in touch directly by phone to check and arrange payment. 

As you say, first time we've done this and it's pretty daunting and a massive operation.. next time it will go smoother as things will now be in place. Including a new website which will take care of most of this for us automatically!

Regards

Alex

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Roy, we're all packed up and ready to go now, just organising the payment link before we can send anything out. We HOPE to get this rolling late this week and early next..I'll keep you all posted on here. When the payment links go out via email I'll let you know on here. For those without email, I'll be in touch directly and arrange payment with you. Same goes for anyone who doesn't respond to the email for whatever reason, no worries as I'll be in touch directly by phone to check and arrange payment.

As you say, first time we've done this and it's pretty daunting and a massive operation.. next time it will go smoother as things will now be in place. Including a new website which will take care of most of this for us automatically!

Regards

Alex

Thanks Alex. I will keep an eye out on here as well as on my inbox.

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

Knowing a little about some significant systems upgrades the company I work for is about to implement and after reading about the issues that another manufacturer/producer has been having with their Website and payment systems, I don't envy the time and effort that you guys must be putting in. Good luck. I'm looking forward to receiving my e-mail as and when the systems are up and running and, having seen on another website your next loco, placing an order for that as well.

Cheers,

PJ10