Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

Hi folks, 

We have locos spare due to cancellations, if anyone wants one drop me a message. Anything left over will appear on eBay (+15%) or appear as show stock for exhibitions etc if we still have any left. 

Thanks for your overwhelming positive comments and feedback, we've only had five returns which says a lot on the quality control front I think, and they are all repairable. 

37114 has been a success, thank you! 

Ps; if you have ordered a loco and not heard from us, please get in touch with me on here. As I won't be chasing orders more than once by phone/text or email. Plus several people have supplied incorrect phone numbers and email addresses, so we physically can't get in touch with those people. After a week or so without a response, I will cancel the order and release the loco/s for general sale. But please tell me if you don't want it as it makes life easier.

Alex 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Collected my headlight fitted model from the Post Office earlier today. Lee has made a great job of the headlights, making an already fantastic model truly special. Even SWMBO was impressed when I showed her. Thanks to both Lee and Alex/Mickleover MRC.

PJ10

Hi all,

Collected my headlight fitted model from the Post Office earlier today. Lee has made a great job of the headlights, making an already fantastic model truly special. Even SWMBO was impressed when I showed her. Thanks to both Lee and Alex/Mickleover MRC.

PJ10

Thanks, glad you like it! I removed the nose ends and sent them off to Lee to work on as it was easier, getting the nose ends off without damaging them and fitting back on perfectly is another story. I've got it sussed now after many a 37 over the years..

Thanks, enjoy it.

Alex

• Like 1

Just a note to say, someone just paid £203 for a 37114 on eBay..we've still got some! So don't go totally bid crazy just yet. 

The remaining models freed up by cancellations are now for sale on our newly completed fully secure website mmrgexclusives.co.uk with payment via PayPal, for the same price of £164.95. Everything else will be appearing on there in due course when we have time..including the online ordering for the next loco. We'll be putting a new thread up about that very soon, so keep a look out.

The aim is to keep the new site simple and uncluttered, easy to use for you as a customer and a lot quicker for us to process orders. It's a bit 'bare bones' atm with a lot more to add but take a look if you like..

Alex

Edited by Lochnagar
  • Like 3

Just a note to say, someone just paid £203 for a 37114 on eBay..we've still got some! So don't go totally bid crazy just yet.

The remaining models freed up by cancellations are now for sale on our newly completed fully secure website mmrgexclusives.co.uk with payment via PayPal, for the same price of £164.95. Everything else will be appearing on there in due course when we have time..including the online ordering for the next loco. We'll be putting a new thread up about that very soon, so keep a look out.

The aim is to keep the new site simple and uncluttered, easy to use for you as a customer and a lot quicker for us to process orders. It's a bit 'bare bones' atm with a lot more to add but take a look if you like..

Alex

Another on eBay @ £250+ ouch............

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Bachmann-32-775X-Class-37-0-37114-Dunrobin-Castle-Limited-Edit-BNIB/283232375609?hash=item41f1f71339:g:xasAAOSwF31b1Xnw:rk:3:pf:0

Perhaps if MMRG still have some to sell they could list them much cheaper than than that rip-off above....?

Edited by tractor_37260

Another on eBay @ £250+ ouch............

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Bachmann-32-775X-Class-37-0-37114-Dunrobin-Castle-Limited-Edit-BNIB/283232375609?hash=item41f1f71339:g:xasAAOSwF31b1Xnw:rk:3:pf:0

Perhaps if MMRG still have some to sell they could list them much cheaper than than that rip-off above....?

Daft, maybe when they're all sold out but not yet. mmrg exclusives.co.uk if you want one at standard RRP.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, just to let you know that I'll be on the Rail Express stand at Warley if you want to come and have a chat along with a couple of others from the club, and we will have a number of 37114s available for sale/collection there too. Hopefully card payment as well as cash. See you there!

Alex

Which speaker fits best into the area under the fan (i presume that's where Bachmann plan for the speaker)?

Thanks

A standard 20x40  - a better sound can be had by removing the speaker mounting in the roof, and using the same speaker in a low profile fully sealed enclosure in the chassis recess below -  (low profile enclosures avail - Charlie/DC Kits) 

Edited by tractor_37260

Yes, agreed. The standard ESU 20x40 screwed into the Bachmann roof mounting actually sounds pretty good, remember to glue up the roof fan first or it'll rattle. If you're after the best possible, then fitting the hugely impressive EM2 speaker is the only way to go. Basically requires milling the block and a full rewire without the circuit board, through Roads and Rails or Charlie at DC kits. Circa £100 for the work plus the decoder, all of my locos will be having this treatment in due course. There are plenty of intermediate 'upgrade' speakers but if you want to be seriously impressed, EM2 is the way to go. 

Thanks for everyone who saw us at Warley btw, and we sold a decent amount of the surplus 37114s. Also, a very welcome development is that it looks like we'll have our very own stand at Warley next year so I'll keep you posted on this too. This will be MMRG Exclusives! 

I hope to start a separate thread officially launching our second class 37 within two weeks, as I now have a pre production sample sitting in front of me. Most of you know already..

Alex

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I hope to start a separate thread officially launching our second class 37 within two weeks, as I now have a pre production sample sitting in front of me. Most of you know already..

Alex

Evening Alex,

Any news or progress reports with Loch Awe? I haven't heard anything after sending the order card that came with my Dunrobin Castle. Thanks

PJ10

Evening Alex,

Any news or progress reports with Loch Awe? I haven't heard anything after sending the order card that came with my Dunrobin Castle. Thanks

PJ10

No we don't reply, but it'll be logged and we'll be in touch. I've held back updating the 37026 thread until the website pre order link is ready, which should be before the end of the month. The pre production model has been corrected, artwork signed off last month and the delivery date is scheduled for May, which I think is reliable. So it won't be long!

Alex

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

No we don't reply, but it'll be logged and we'll be in touch. I've held back updating the 37026 thread until the website pre order link is ready, which should be before the end of the month. The pre production model has been corrected, artwork signed off last month and the delivery date is scheduled for May, which I think is reliable. So it won't be long!

Alex

Thanks Alex,

May sounds great. Looking forward to it.

PJ10

Alex

Birthday month for me  :locomotive:  :danced:  :dancing:

• Like 1

Alex

In time for the Derby show?

• Like 1