Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

OK, where do I sign up? :-)

Dave.

Hi Dave - and everyone else

Whilst pleased with the initial response yesterday, we all realise that Sunday tends to be the quieter day and so based on numbers, we will have plenty left to be allocated Monday.

An online reservation form will be available on our website which will take your details so that we can contact you towards the end of the year when delivery is expected and of course payment will be required !

See here     http://www.mmrg.org.uk/loco/

Thanks

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

is it the lighting (or maybe my eyesight?) or does that yellow on the cab fronts look a bit "Dapol 73 esque" lemony?

Hang on a minute. This is a hand painted sample using the correct Bachmann 37 body done by club member Alex Carpenter as you must know. He is a professional in the true sense of the word and what he doesn't know about modern image paintwork isn't worth knowing.Besides which you cannot judge true colour tone on line...an example of which is the rendering of BR green on both the Hattons and Rails websites.Yes it may well be the lighting that affects your perception.

One thing I do know...the answer definitely isn't a lemon :jester: .And a rush to judgement at this stage is unnecessary. Let's give credit for what has already been achieved and eagerly anticipate what is to come. BTW (and this from many years personal experience)  Alex's £25 weathering offer is an absolute steal. :imsohappy:

• Like 2

Looks like I shall have to acquire on of these! Will probably end up weathered & sound fitted too.

Now what would be the chances of the nameplates having an etch for the builders plates too? It does appear to only need the one on the second mans side of No.2 end

Yawn. Can't see what all the fuss is about personally. To me looks like a so-so model in a hum drum livery.

Tin hat on and crouching behind sand bags.

is it the lighting (or maybe my eyesight?) or does that yellow on the cab fronts look a bit "Dapol 73 esque" lemony?

For me the above comments are a) unnecessary and b) inappropriate within the topic. Yellow is probably the most difficult colour to accurately photograph under artificial lighting and camera software to replicate. That's RMweb at its worst I'm afraid.

Alex's £25 weathering offer is an absolute steal. :imsohappy:

I wholeheartedly agree; when I saw the price for that it struck me as exceptional value for one of his jobs.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Ian and Andy - your support is very much appreciated.

Alex has already had some orders overnight, and we have had our first overseas enquiry from the States - anyone making enquires at this stage is being directed to the website on Monday when the online process will be available.

• Like 4

Yes it's the lighting, totally changed the shade. I used railmatch 1984 onwards warning yellow, about 8 coats to give the required depth after white primer. Bachmann have all the correct colour specs anyway. Livery samples are expected late summer early autumn.

• Like 2

Show report, lots of orders taken over the weekend and the response was very good all round with several people ordering more than one to renumber and bolster their Scottish (or English for that matter) loco fleets. I've even had emails and messages saying 'thank you' for choosing this particular loco/tooling/livery combination, so that's fantastic and much appreciated! 

The model will be on display at the DEMU show in Burton next month, on my stand ABC Workshops and reservation forms will be at the ready. So feel free to come along for a chat there. 

As regards any 'yawning' either someones having a stab or doesn't have much knowledge on the subject. I'm not here to make enemies and I can probably speak for most of everyone else here too. I don't want to offend said person but I wouldn't throw comments in like that myself as theres no point really. Anyway, doesn't matter, thanks Andy and Ian for your kind words.. I do my best! If anyone wants more pics of the sample loco then please shout up and I'll post some up on here for you!

See some of you soon, or at DEMU next month. And as always we'll keep you updated on this thread as and when we can  :)

Alex

• Like 7

Saw the painted sample at the excellent Derby show today. I can confirm the yellow looks spot on and I will definitely be ordering one as it looks superb. £25 for the weathering seems to be an absolute steal!

Bring it on.

A good choice and sure to prove very popular......

Will the production models feature RETB nose aerials ?

Yes. Standard class 37 nose aerials will be fitted. I didn't have time to fit these to the display model, they'll be on for DEMU.

Relieved that they didn't totally sell out over the weekend, and I'll be placing my order tomorrow. Here's a pic I took at the Haymarket open day in 1985.

attachicon.gif12.jpg

Very nice, decent quality pic too!

As I've mentioned on here before, I will be ordering tomorrow. Of the Inverness machines 37114 was my favourite and it was on my list of 37's to do but as there wasn't any decent candidates to convert easily I was putting it off and working on non-large logo 37's instead.

I took a photo of her just over 2 weeks after she had been named and still looking quite fresh

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blackwatch55013/4674800472/in/photolist-8ejuBZ-886zj9

I've been wanting a general release large logo split headcode box 37 (without plated doors and high intensity headlight) for years but we just seem to get another 37/4 each time. And I'll be honest that I'd have preferred it to be a general release so that I could have ordered 4 or 5 to modify with dealer discounted prices! But it's got to the stage now where I'm just happy to finally see one appear :) so thank you for picking this as your commission piece. You never know Bachmann may see how popular 114 is and decide to do one of the Eastfield ones as a general release at some point (I can but dream)

• Like 4

Oh, pity about the aerial, means I'll have to snip it off!

John

The aerials are not normally glued in so should just pull out.....

It's also possible Bachmann may just "tag" a similar standard re!ease split box using the same tooling onto the production run - Blue or L/L...hopefully.......either would be good.....

Ken

• RMweb Premium

THE LIMITED EDITION LOCO CAN NOW BE ORDERED HERE.

http://www.mmrg.org.uk/loco/form/

​Please don't all rush at once and crash the website - we have plenty left to allocate . . . . . .

​Thanks for all you interest in this substantial investment in the future of our Club and the rebuilding of our clubroom.

• Like 6