Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

I was going to suggest that 37117 would be an option for an Eastfield machine, just needing the nose doors plating & round one end, however looking at some pictures it seems to have a rather weird looking double arrow.

Yes the riveted boiler roof straps are relatively easily added from micro strip/evergreen strip if so wished to create other locos. Not sure if Brian/Shawplan or anyone else does an etch, but I'd use evergreen strip personally, touched in with railmatch 'Diesel roof grey' and possibly weathered to hide any evidence. It's always easier to add them than to try and remove them..speaking from experience there!

• Like 3

Yes the riveted boiler roof straps are relatively easily added from micro strip/evergreen strip if so wished to create other locos. Not sure if Brian/Shawplan or anyone else does an etch, but I'd use evergreen strip personally, touched in with railmatch 'Diesel roof grey' and possibly weathered to hide any evidence. It's always easier to add them than to try and remove them..speaking from experience there!

And I suppose using Archers or Micro-mark HO scale rivet sheet transfers would enhance it more! Hmm! This could work :D

• Like 1

Hi Alex

Having tried both options in the past, I found it easier to get a convincing result by removing the riveted strips, rather than adding them.  This was originally an early BR Green Bachmann 37 with buffer skirts and a riveted strip boiler roof. the new roof panel securing bolts were made from fine plastic rod with the ends rounded off before being pulled through pre-drilled holes in the roof.

Regards

Ken

post-2215-0-23969300-1494875489_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just a little update, the artwork is in progress and will be up for display shortly. I'll keep you posted on here :)

Sales are still strong, so thanks again to everyone who's helping us out with this loco! 

• Like 5

Received the artwork this morning, just in time for the DEMU show! So heres the finished product in digital format, all approved and the model will be as you see here. Hope you like..

I'll be at the DEMU show in Burton on Trent this weekend at my stand ABC Workshops with the display model, reservation forms, and the artwork printout. So feel free to come along and say hi or see it for yourself.

Alex

post-9660-0-22272500-1496398606_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Although I have not seen it yet, a subscriber tells me the loco gets a mention and photo in the latest Railway Modeller - that's on top of mentions in Rail Express and Model Rail.

As mentioned previously in the discussions about the shade of yellow, Andy Y came to our club rooms a few weeks ago and the hand painted mock up will feature in the next issue of BRM along with a film on the DVD.

With all this additional publicity, anyone still unsure should make their mind up soon or miss out as we are about two thirds reserved already.

Order form on the Club website.

Thanks

Mike

• Like 2

It's great that this model has been so well received and that seems to have been reflected in the orders :)

Definitely, many thanks to everyone once again. Some of you may well approve of our second choice, but for now it'll remain a secret, with a likely launch at the Derby show in May again but we'll see. We need to sell out of this one first before doing it all over again!! As it's an expensive business. I genuinely believe they'll all be reserved by the delivery date, but even so we'll continue to take reservations beyond the 512 because they'll inevitably be a few folks that'll drop out. So any over 512 will be kept in a reserve waiting list for that purpose. 

Alex

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Decision taken and registration of interest made. I'm sure it must have escaped from Scotland to the WR/SR borders at some point. You can (well I can) have too many split box 37s, so I suppose I should think about selling my BCC D6717 limited edition to help pay for it...

Definitely, many thanks to everyone once again. Some of you may well approve of our second choice, but for now it'll remain a secret, with a likely launch at the Derby show in May again but we'll see. We need to sell out of this one first before doing it all over again!! As it's an expensive business. I genuinely believe they'll all be reserved by the delivery date, but even so we'll continue to take reservations beyond the 512 because they'll inevitably be a few folks that'll drop out. So any over 512 will be kept in a reserve waiting list for that purpose. 

Alex

Looking forward to this, will have to dispose of some items though! 37260/1/2/4 would compliment 114 nicely!!!

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to this, will have to dispose of some items though! 37260/1/2/4 would compliment 114 nicely!!!

If they were going to do another Scotrail LL 37/0, personally I would prefer and Eastfield example with a Westie.

• Like 2

If they were going to do another Scotrail LL 37/0, personally I would prefer and Eastfield example with a Westie.

I do agree with brushman47544 about Scottish eastfield depot class 37/0 L/L with white westie dog belong working duties in east highland line ( Glasgow to Oban and fort William and mallaig )

• Like 2