43 minutes ago, PjKing1 said:

Thanks very much it’s probably the next one I’ll get done only problem is is the fact no one has done an updated cl40 sound for a few years now. 

What's wrong with the 'biffo' one in your ELJ Type 4; sounds ok to me :)

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

What's wrong with the 'biffo' one in your ELJ Type 4; sounds ok to me :)

Yer it’s pretty good but that was in 4mm and it’s a good few years old having said that no ones done any newer ones, it’ll either be Biffs or Paul Chetter, the 37 getting done at the moment is Biff’s and the 47 is Paul’s

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Slowly cracking on and the fuel pumps etc have been scratch built, some but have been adapted from a Peter Clark kit.  Hoses have been scattered around to so next up will be to add barrels and other depot bits n bobs.

F02337B6-873C-4A93-BB5A-A34938C70ACD.jpeg

F4B2883C-2165-401B-9EFA-10733E7C03E4.jpeg

5AD87657-843E-4C2A-B941-AD112C63634B.jpeg

2852BDB6-242C-4087-B22D-974C5300D513.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul

I like the pumps, they are very typical LMR ones. Most modellers seem to settle for some generic pump but if you look at depots each region had its own idea of what pumps it was going to use. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Paul

I like the pumps, they are very typical LMR ones. Most modellers seem to settle for some generic pump but if you look at depots each region had its own idea of what pumps it was going to use. Well done.

Thanks Clive I wanted it to look as close to the LMR as possible an the only way was to scratch build them, in pretty pleased to be honest how well they’ve turn out, I even added individual bolts!  I’m crazy, thanks again though Clive I’ll try an upload a video later.

cheers 

7D7EB7F8-ADBC-4DD9-ABB4-42F4159810E4.jpeg

8234BD92-9016-45BE-BCB6-D1F7C06B051E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Welcome back.

Has this train driving and house moving thing eased off a little to allow modelling time?

Mike.

Hi Mike how’s things?  I’ll have to give you a ring sorry, house move is slowly easing off but I still need to get the garage boarded out properly.  Apart from a few weathering jobs for a friend I’m not doing any more commissions as I just don’t have the time anymore.

The jobs going great I’m now a qualified guard an I love it!   An Rosa is nearly three now so things are getting easier, I’m currently planning the depot building as we speak.

I’ll try an phone u in a day or two :)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, mervyn said:

Superb modelling reminds me of my old depot ! you will need to build a steam cleaner next to clean the floor and pits !

Thanks Mervyn don’t suppose you have any pics of 60’s steam cleaners do you :D

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, JeffP said:

Now come on...own up:

Those are real locos etc photoshopped aren't they?

You can't fool us...

Thank you Jeff very much appreciated, I’ll try and get back into posting regular updates.

maby thanks 

• Like 1

Nice to see a Merseyside layout in this era. Looking at O myself now having done OO and N and may go for a TMD Liverpool area but different era to yours Probably late 80s as I always like the mix of blue and Sector colours. Need to convert the garage though but I have negotiated 16ft of space by 1ft 6inches if I fund the work....

Edited by JBM37404
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 22/07/2019 at 12:28, JBM37404 said:

Nice to see a Merseyside layout in this era. Looking at O myself now having done OO and N and may go for a TMD Liverpool area but different era to yours Probably late 80s as I always like the mix of blue and Sector colours. Need to convert the garage though but I have negotiated 16ft of space by 1ft 6inches if I fund the work....

Thanks mate same here I need to convert the garage or at least insulate it but with working in sections a can hopefully work in the house a board at a time.  I was going to have 3’ wide boards and just extend the width in certain places but I might see if I can use 2’ wide boards then just add a 1’ board to the back to make things easier etc.  Not sure if your on fb but I’ve got a group set up on there covering the build to if your interested.

cheers 

5 hours ago, PjKing1 said:

Thanks mate same here I need to convert the garage or at least insulate it but with working in sections a can hopefully work in the house a board at a time.  I was going to have 3’ wide boards and just extend the width in certain places but I might see if I can use 2’ wide boards then just add a 1’ board to the back to make things easier etc.  Not sure if your on fb but I’ve got a group set up on there covering the build to if your interested.

cheers 

Found it on fbook and add to group request sent.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/07/2019 at 14:36, Andrew P said:

Nice pics Paul, good to see your busy on here again mate.

Keep the pics coming.

Thanks Andrew been working on the depot office/stores building lately do not much to show but I’ll try an take some pics of the plans once I think they’re  good enough 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Slowly been cracking on with the depot office/stores block, starting with the two storey first.  I’m using Slaters brick sheeting glued onto 5mm Foamex, I was going to carve the bricks but gave up!

F8B49EAA-D0B4-4272-A141-ABBA9F3A3F34.jpeg

166D0800-FB3F-4057-BA53-22E90771CA3E.jpeg

3B6D8FB2-642E-4DCD-B3DE-FFAF02194A3D.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

In the last week or so the first board has arrived so I’ve cut out the section for the pits and assembled the board itself.  To get the rails the correct height as the sleepers an chairs I’ve had to add 1mm of plasticard to the underside of the pits, this I managed to finish this morning so hopefully I’ll get the pits fixed into position in the next day of two.  I’ve also glued down the Templot for this board and fixed the sleepers into position, these are just in the process of being stained so hopefully some rails down  soon. 

2F7D0EDB-1935-4362-B960-ACDC599CE7C6.jpeg

D9F85955-7546-4003-A2B5-301DCCD71E94.jpeg

• Like 4