Focalplane

• RMweb Gold

My Dad's photo of Penmaenpool should be appearing in the Channel 'Walking Britain's Lost Railways' series on Friday 26.10.2018 at 9pm. Ch5 asked to use it, but they don't always use everything they source. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/75356-cl2-2-6-0-46521-penmaen-pool-27-8-1964/

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Breaking silence to say that I am a member of Western Thunder but strictly read only at the moment. There is also a new forum set up by DCC Concepts and this is where I have pitched my tent!

Paul

I browse WT very occasionally and I had a look at FF out of interest but to be frank I haven't got time to participate in two, let alone three, forums so I'll be staying here. Good luck Paul.

• 4 months later...

To update everyone on Penmaenpool.  Quite a lot of progress was made before Christmas on the layout.  Since then I have focussed on locomotives and have nearly completed the David Andrews kit of the Dukedog.  The project is on hold because I am waiting on a solution to the outside cranks on the driving axles.  The problem is not the axles but the white metal castings that are attached to the outside frame.  I am also building a Sidelines LMS Period I coach for excursion traffic on summer Saturdays, along with two other coaches not destined for Penmaenpool.

On other subjects I am now posting less frequently because I have found that I am not doing enough modelling.  I am also beefing up my workshop from time to time, hoping to have a spray booth facility up and running for when the weather warms up a bit.  I have a lot of painting and weathering to do.

Paul

(It took me a long time to work out where my topics could be found on the new software)

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Focalplane said:

To update everyone on Penmaenpool.  Quite a lot of progress was made before Christmas on the layout.  Since then I have focussed on locomotives and have nearly completed the David Andrews kit of the Dukedog.  The project is on hold because I am waiting on a solution to the outside cranks on the driving axles.  The problem is not the axles but the white metal castings that are attached to the outside frame.  I am also building a Sidelines LMS Period I coach for excursion traffic on summer Saturdays, along with two other coaches not destined for Penmaenpool.

On other subjects I am now posting less frequently because I have found that I am not doing enough modelling.  I am also beefing up my workshop from time to time, hoping to have a spray booth facility up and running for when the weather warms up a bit.  I have a lot of painting and weathering to do.

Paul

(It took me a long time to work out where my topics could be found on the new software)

Welcome back Paul!

• Agree 2