2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Shurely shome mishtake here? You're not booking 10 years ahead :blink:

(sorry being silly - I know it's this October)

Love these pictures, especially your favourite with the shunter & wagons, also Andy's pic of "Elgar" on the main. I really want to go to Wadebridge in October now....

Thanks Rich - we're probably not far off booking 10 years ahead at the rate the potential invites are coming in but, in this case, you're right it was a typo. Now corrected!

• RMweb Premium

I'm not a modern image fanatic, but I am enjoying looking at the pictures of this layout and hope to see it in the flesh soon.

Colin

Me neither Colin but the scene is growing on me! Mind you, i'm sure the layout would look good backdated with a few paniers and praries on there. Or a bit more recent, with a load of Warships etc!

• RMweb Premium

Your Buildings and layout is just so inspiring!!

Thanks for the kind comments Jack, must stress though that the layout isn't mine, i'm just the 'hired help' for some of the buildings and bits of the scenery. Damian, the owner, came up with the idea and myself and a few others help out when required. The same team built 'Treneglos' and is currently working on 'Once Upon a Time in the West"...

Me neither Colin but the scene is growing on me! Mind you, i'm sure the layout would look good backdated with a few paniers and praries on there. Or a bit more recent, with a load of Warships etc!

I agree, an end of steam look with some very grubby Bulleids and castles certainly wouldn't look out of place, and you could have the green diesels running as well (warships, Westerns etc)

Colin

Hi - nice to see the forthcoming dates and look forward to seeing the layout out and about. Andrew in Kernow models said you guys were intersted in photos and info regarding St Blazey. My website contains quite of lot of photos from the area over the years, and I now work in the area working the boxes so can obtain any photos or info you need.

Cheers for now - keep up the excellent work.

Craig

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I agree, an end of steam look with some very grubby Bulleids and castles certainly wouldn't look out of place, and you could have the green diesels running as well (warships, Westerns etc)

Colin

Colin

I doubt Damian will let me get away with that.... :lol:

• RMweb Premium

Ive only jsut seen this, not having been on here for a few months

It really does capture St BZ absolutely spot on! Having walked round virtually every inch of whats modelled it is just like being there!!!!!

Think this needs to be seen in the flesh after a good look at this thread later on

Absolutely tip top work :D

Thanks Mickey

Thought you'd not been on here for a while. Come and see the layout in the flesh at Wadebridge show in October.

• RMweb Premium

Hi - nice to see the forthcoming dates and look forward to seeing the layout out and about. Andrew in Kernow models said you guys were intersted in photos and info regarding St Blazey. My website contains quite of lot of photos from the area over the years, and I now work in the area working the boxes so can obtain any photos or info you need.

Cheers for now - keep up the excellent work.

Craig

Hi craig

Yes, we've been in touch with Andrew for Kernow. Strangely we saw him at the DEMU show in Bretby - obviously got his passport stamped!

I'm thinking of building a model of the box that stands to the north of the shed - near where the Par line curves in. Would you be able to get some shots of all four sides next time you're there? That would be much appreciated.

Cracking website by the way.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Superb "Dave"! ;) :D :lol:

Now I don't mean to be critical, but I'm just saying that if this were my layout (oh I just ssooo wish :lol: ) the only thing I'd change might be the banks along the canal, as to me they seem to look in need of a bit more vegitation (a few small trees and bushes perhaps?). oh, and also as that green cl.50 has nowhere to go I'd also add the pipes/detail to the front of it. B)

Hopefully the latest photos will show we've done some work on these areas.

• RMweb Gold
I'm thinking of building a model of the box that stands to the north of the shed - near where the Par line curves in. Would you be able to get some shots of all four sides next time you're there?

I'm sure this won't be a problem for Craig, but I'd also be happy to oblige next time I'm down there on 'official business'... :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure this won't be a problem for Craig, but I'd also be happy to oblige next time I'm down there on 'official business'... :)

Thanks Captain. Can never have too many photos to model from.

• RMweb Premium

I'm not a "modern image" modeller (at the moment anyway !!) but those 37s in that environment are a joy to behold, modelling at the highest level.

I am "working" as an operator at Warley this year, so I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

regards

Stewart

Thanks for the comments Stewart. Unless i've got it wrong i think we're at Warley in 2011, so you'll not get a chance of seeing us there. Can you wait a further 12 months? :O

Agree with previous posts, I too really enjoyed seeing this layout in the flesh at DEMU. What a superb layout.

Chris, I also enjoyed this thread showing how you made and weathered some of the buildings, which I must say really do look great. Excellent modelling.

• Like 1

I saw the layout at DEMU and all i can say is, it is simply stunning!! A massive hand to all who have contributed and i plan to use some of your buildings as inspiration for my own.

The pictures, good as they are do not do the layout enough justice!! clapping_mini.gif

• Like 1

I tend to forget how far ahead the "big exhibitions" have to book layouts and my small brain just assumes any mention of Warley means this year.

Time to pay full attention to advertised exhibition contents, as I would like to see it sooner.

Purely selfish reasons as I am having a big push with my own efforts, and I get real inspiration from standing in front of quality modelling.

regards

Stewart

I think you will find that it is more the layout owners will give exhibition managers dates that they are willing to be able to attend first, rather than an exhibition manager trying to fill up future shows, have found this when getting layouts to come to Tonbridge (yes I was the person who asked at Aylesbury about Treneglos attending Tonbridge in 2012, but that is the way we have now had to look at things)

Colin

• RMweb Premium

I think you will find that it is more the layout owners will give exhibition managers dates that they are willing to be able to attend first, rather than an exhibition manager trying to fill up future shows, have found this when getting layouts to come to Tonbridge (yes I was the person who asked at Aylesbury about Treneglos attending Tonbridge in 2012, but that is the way we have now had to look at things)

Colin

Hi Colin

In our case, and presumably many other layout owners too, we are only able to physically fit 5 weekends worth of shows into each year. We also try and spread them out through the year too, so that family don't get too brassed off. Sod's law comes into effect here and each year we find that one month is very popular for invites. One year it's May, another October, but we get big show clusters. As such we try manage our calendar and spread shows across the next two or so years.

It also works the other way too. Often show organisers come to us with invites to two or more years hence. Spalding is one example here.

Either way we try our best to keep ourselves, family and show organisers happy.

Hi Colin

In our case, and presumably many other layout owners too, we are only able to physically fit 5 weekends worth of shows into each year. We also try and spread them out through the year too, so that family don't get too brassed off. Sod's law comes into effect here and each year we find that one month is very popular for invites. One year it's May, another October, but we get big show clusters. As such we try manage our calendar and spread shows across the next two or so years.

It also works the other way too. Often show organisers come to us with invites to two or more years hence. Spalding is one example here.

Either way we try our best to keep ourselves, family and show organisers happy.

Hi Chris,

That is often the problem that well built and run models will receive numerous invites to shows every weekend of the year but obviously you have to limit what you do.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

I too was stunned by the layout at DEMU.

One question, at the show you were running a couple of clay tiger wagons built from the S Kits kits. I asked at the time where you got the transfers for the logo and the blue flash from but unfortunatly the builder of the wagons had wandered off. As I have one of these kits just awaiting transfers to finish it off could you please let me know the source?

Hi,

as promised, here are the St Blazey box pictures and some other small buildings in the yard area including the red brick Chargeman's cabin and unique yellow & blue bricked MOM building:

There are more if required, let me know.

Best wishes

Craig

post-2613-127920639043_thumb.jpg

post-2613-127920641866_thumb.jpg

post-2613-127920644662_thumb.jpg

post-2613-127920647135_thumb.jpg

post-2613-127920649715_thumb.jpg

post-2613-127920652327_thumb.jpg

post-2613-127920654792_thumb.jpg

post-2613-127920657654_thumb.jpg

• Like 6