2ManySpams

18 hours ago, keefr2 said:

When I opened the post I was convinced the first pic was of the real railway. In fact I'm still not sure that it isn't....!!

Keith

I remember now why I printed them out a few years ago. It was to show the then Head of Track for LNE (I work for NR Eastern Region). He commented that he thought also it was real but after further inspection noticed that the railhead was too flat.

I thought at the time, well I can live with that!

• Like 5

Here’s a thing. I didn’t realise until about ten minutes ago that RMWeb keeps a record of all the pictures you’ve uploaded. 3000 in my case - it turns out.

So, just for a bit of interest I’m going to post one or two previously seen pictures of the layout in its heyday when it was out and about on the exhibition circuit...

68151FF6-512F-40EB-B7AA-9D44D1FA3DAE.jpeg.af15e854d818879af20bd17f7e3ff76c.jpeg

Here’s Chris’s marvellous rendition of St Blazeys signal box (which is still there today and operational). Judging by the poor quality photograph it must have been taken from a passing train to Newquay, perhaps an ex Manchester with a 50 up front.

Hellfire...

• Like 15

On 18/10/2020 at 18:02, Indomitable026 said:

And one with some locos on...

A7363874-A7A1-4909-BC87-1AA2117AA1B4.jpeg.ba00020fb199f3a9d10ce0cf05a15349.jpeg

Really nice to see a few more photos of the layout Damien! Having recently converted to EM this thread has been a great inspiration of late to crack on with my own layout. 

Keep the superb photos coming! 

Will

Edited by Southwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Indomitable026 said:

A few questions still remain from this incident;

Who?

Where?

When?

Why?

How?

1D051756-DA1B-41D7-9D4B-6E95642E5B71.jpeg.2a2e74968ab2037aadc0aecb30eb4a20.jpeg

That looks familiar :D

Funnily enough it was back on my workbench a couple of days ago as I was weighing up the options for rewheeling it for a second time.  I still haven’t got around to refitting the brakes...

3 minutes ago, Mark Forrest said:

That looks familiar :D

Funnily enough it was back on my workbench a couple of days ago as I was weighing up the options for rewheeling it for a second time.  I still haven’t got around to refitting the brakes...

Ah ha - that’s sorted the ‘Who’...

• Like 1