2ManySpams

Don't worry, I already have the article in question.

IT Rozzers - At ease !!

(Mean't as a joke Andy Y)

The matter has been resolved then :sungum:

A few interesting conversions on the drawing board then - NPX (GUVs previously converted for Newspaper traffic) and NNX (BSK previously converted for use as a Courier van - an early use of roller shutters prior to their widespread use on the "super GUVs" and "super BGs")? Items of rolling stock with their own history which could be told?

As far as the ECS workings to St Blazey, I would have assumed that this might not have happened until Mail trains were operated by EW&S - and the TOC that wanted to possibly reduce costs and make best use of resources centred it's Far West England operations on St Blazey? However, as some have proposed it may have purely come down to limited capacity at Long Rock... Nevertheless there is always room for supposition and the pretence of a trial workings, or alternative servicing arrangements being required - due to the curtailment of a service or temporary unavailability of the permanent facilities, caused by adverse weather or a derailment etc..

Tee hee, even I'm not that old!

Apparently there were eventually three roundhouses in the triangle at the south end of York, dating from 1851, 1852 and 1864, plus a couple of smaller straight sheds of even earlier vintage, prior to the remodelling of the station in the 1870s. Two of the roundhouses and one of the straight sheds remained standing until 1963 (although one roundhouse was roofless) and one was still used for stabling pilot locomotives until May 1961. I wonder which roundhouse pit it is ? From the number of roads visible and its distance from the running lines, I'd guess it could be from the 1852 building.

All the best,

John.

• Like 1

Another Turntable has appeared on the Network in the last few days.....

post-8734-0-24440200-1328260036.jpg

post-8734-0-09292100-1328260006_thumb.jpg

Answers on a postcard as to where it is...

There are strong rumours that Weymouth will be getting a turntable for the summer steam - will save having to run to Yeovil Junction and back for turning. Apparently NR are leaving it to WCRC to progress...

...even though it appears to be going the wrong way...

I'm a bit short of space.

Once 'Captain Pies' and the Tripod had squeezed themselves in front of the layout I couldn't get focus on the front track!!

Incidentally the front track is P4 - just for a laugh - sorry - for a comparison

Looks great Damian. It was nice to have a couple of 37/4s around to break the usual suspect 669 - 675. Looking back - we were a bit standardised with tractors until all hell broke loose in the late nineties when the sectors were disbanded. I saw a super shot today on the book that is face of 37047 in engineers blue with blacked out headcodes passing Pontsmill with a train of CDA's. I'll try and get permission to use it here.

It was startling to see 37s with block headcodes regularly in Cornwall. In blue & yellow days they were rare as hens teeth. 37089 was sent down for a while in 1983/4 but other than 37024 working the York - Penzance relief in June 1985 - they were rare indeed.

I also remember a 37/7 making it down and there were tuts all round when she started wandering onto line way over the RA limit.