2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Reading between this and Damian's HIghland Sulzers Point step-by-step was sending me off to dig around to sort out the EM track building bits n bobs..........

Then I saw that picture ^^^^ and my mind went all a flutter! :D

Oh well I suppose its inspired some sort of activity now :D

Gone astray again Mickey!

Looks like I have :)

Though before I cna do the Doom I have an appointment with scary power tools and a baseboard for something N scale ;)

The only local supplier of Rock's finest as a regular beer that I know of is The Three Merry Lads - Which made me think of the DItD chaps :D

http://www.thethreemerrylads.co.uk/

N gauge?

How can you see what you're doing?

This is why I'm upping my scale

drink the Doon Bar then use the empty glass as a magnifying glass!

I'm often looking through the bottom of a glass but that never occurred to me, perhaps because I never have any track components with me down the pub!

Oh and it should be two merry lads and one grumpy old b#gger (probably too long for a pub sign).

• RMweb Gold

I'm often looking through the bottom of a glass but that never occurred to me, perhaps because I never have any track components with me down the pub!

Oh and it should be two merry lads and one grumpy old b#gger (probably too long for a pub sign).

Now that would be an interesting pub sign!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Watneys Red  barrel had a pretty unimpressive rating back in the 70's and 80's. It was keg IIRC.

Last time |I saw it was in Spa in Belgium in the mid to late 80's.

Just to put readers minds to rest, that barrel and tap was only for show on the bar!

Watneys Red  barrel had a pretty unimpressive rating back in the 70's and 80's. It was keg IIRC.

Just to put readers minds to rest, that barrel and tap was only for show on the bar!

You've not put my mind at rest - i'm concerned

• RMweb Gold

It was indeed keg - and it was also atrocious stuff.  However what struck me - when passing through that country by train back in 1965 - was the large number of bars with illuminated Red Barrel signs in Belgium, very odd that it should be so popular in that country.

It was indeed keg - and it was also atrocious stuff.  However what struck me - when passing through that country by train back in 1965 - was the large number of bars with illuminated Red Barrel signs in Belgium, very odd that it should be so popular in that country.

I believe the beer was sent Belgium in demountable rail tanks- presumably the BR 10' chassis went as far as Zeebrugge, and the tanks were transhipped on to SNCB wagons? The tanks were later popular around diesel depots for waste oil/antifreeze storage- some might say that was an improvement.

When I went to Bristol in 1973, the Monopolies Commission had decided that Courage had too large a share of the market, and ordered them to swap half their tied houses with Grotneys. For a couple of years, the palce was a desert for decent beer- only a couple of student bars, and the Phoenix in Old Market sold anything else.

• Like 2

Used to always look for the Red Barrel especialy if we went up north in the sixties but did not have much luck found a pub in Derbyshire once cant remember the taste but the advertising was persuasive! In Belgium beer is big news and I never understood why it was so popular they even sponsored a pro bike team with some of the best pro cyclists in Belgium in it and gained a great deal of publicity.Mass produced beer seems to be on the wain thank goodness we have at least three micro brewerys round here .Back to trains,are you doing anymore trackwork on DITD ?

Used to always look for the Red Barrel especialy if we went up north in the sixties but did not have much luck found a pub in Derbyshire once cant remember the taste but the advertising was persuasive! In Belgium beer is big news and I never understood why it was so popular they even sponsored a pro bike team with some of the best pro cyclists in Belgium in it and gained a great deal of publicity.Mass produced beer seems to be on the wain thank goodness we have at least three micro brewerys round here .Back to trains,are you doing anymore trackwork on DITD ?

More trackwork?

It depends if there are any more entries in the "issue file" after the next show

Apart from that i'm still laying track in the fiddleyards

• RMweb Premium

More trackwork?

It depends if there are any more entries in the "issue file" after the next show

Apart from that i'm still laying track in the fiddleyards

I  think a fourth loop in the yard would be useful....