2ManySpams

Never suck on a Gobstopper while watching an EE* Lightning go overhead or in the direction of up...

*37?

Anyway, this is neither pink or wine...

attachicon.gifIMGP7814-001.JPG

Never suck on a Gobstopper while watching an EE* Lightning go overhead or in the direction of up...

*37?

Anyway, this is neither pink or wine...

attachicon.gifIMGP7814-001.JPG

Well it made me go pink and whine!

Wally

I have the "other" view hanging up in the sejour (living room/kitchen), and also hadn't seen this perspective before. Montparnasse is "my" station in Paris, where the TGVs from Le Mans arrive. My first arrival there was on 22nd October 2004, 109 years to the day since the incident! And the towerblock is actually a bit down the road, on what may have been the original site of the station. Deb and I went on the roof in 2005, being in Paris for her 50th.

Amazingly, there was only one fatality- underneath the locomotive, you may see the remains of the flower-seller's stall. The tower block ( Tour de Maine- Montparnasse- http://www.tourmontparnasse56.com/en/#/home ) is indeed on the site of the old station. The station has move progressively westwards, with Montparnasse Vaurigard starting where the platforms of the main station end; when travelling from here, it's best to allow plenty of time, as the station is a long walk from the eponymous Metro, and then you can find yourself with a further long walk in the station itself. Lynne did the first bit of her SNCF signalling training here in 1992, and about 13 years later rented an apartment nearby when working on CTRL commissioning.

The view from the tower is spectacular, being even higher than M Eiffel's one; it has the advantage of also being cheaper and without the long queues, whilst, if you're on the Tour de-M-M, you can't see the thing..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

With the new fiddle yard in place, will you have time before Expo - EM to teach the operators how to use it ? - It seems more complex than a few cassettes, having points (which look like Peco ones, but I'm guessing they are the correct gauge...)

• RMweb Gold

With the new fiddle yard in place, will you have time before Expo - EM to teach the operators how to use it ? - It seems more complex than a few cassettes, having points (which look like Peco ones, but I'm guessing they are the correct gauge...)

To quote a famous shop, If you need to ask the price you can't afford to buy it, to paraphrase it, if you need to ask how to operate it you can't be allowed to run it :jester:

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

To quote a famous shop, If you need to ask the price you can't afford to buy it, to paraphrase it, if you need to ask how to operate it you can't be allowed to run it :jester:

Mike.

You'll note that I'm not operating this weekend...say no more.

The new FY is looking a grand piece of work by Damian as usual, but if pushing for show time and chris aint crashing operating then he must be chief pasty supply manager for the weekend. Which if needing fiddle yard end stopping control then pasties would make great crumple zone buffers. Giving duel purpose of saving the trains from doom in the FY and breaks the pasties up for easier chewing - sorted.

Peco points would be entertaining on an EM gauge layout!!

Its always entertaining, especially with the current crew...

But does the crew know they are the crew and it may not be proven too them they know this or what they are doing, hence fun operations :jester:

This gives rise to merchandising  " I was DITD"  t-shirts. which when seen worn on a confused person exiting an exhibition, it will explain everything to folk outside.

pole:  what colours should t-shirt and lettering be ??

• Like 1

For some reason it would appear that the buildings are now permanently fixed to the layout....

All packed nice and safe in the trailor which was last seen ermmmmmm ...  there no, must be here NO.....  rear of the pub maybe or still at last exhibition car park he he he