2ManySpams

Thanks for posting the pics with my 47799 Prince Henry in them, she looks much better now she has had a light weathering. I was great for me to be allowed to put her on such a great layout

and thanks Mickey for the comments

I must say that is a great paint job Pete ;)

I will second that! Fantastic 47 Tigger.......and what a fantastic layout.

Can't stop looking at the photos, it really is an amazing layout with stunning buildings, scenery and locos. I thought 219 was a photo of the real thing!

Very inspirational, thanks for sharing them with us.

• Like 1

I will second that! Fantastic 47 Tigger.......and what a fantastic layout.

Can't stop looking at the photos, it really is an amazing layout with stunning buildings, scenery and locos. I thought 219 was a photo of the real thing!

Very inspirational, thanks for sharing them with us.

I can't take the credit for either, Pete Harvey painted my 47 and the layout is just a joy to photograph. I hope I can have another go soon and take a little more time to get some better shots ;)

• RMweb Premium

ooopps.

im not crediting everyone involved in working out the roundhouse dimensions.

sorry Chris.

No worries, talking to John (old Gringo) on the way back home tonight we both think we independently had a crack at the dimensions and came up with answers within mm of each other. I think John used the 'count the number of cuckoos in spring' method....

Oooo! post #s 219 & 220 are just soooooo good!! :D

It really is like being there....

May I ask how the backscene was created?

The back scene was created as follows;

'Owd Gringo' very kindly painted the MDF back boards with a faily neutral sky using waterbased paints.

The sky was then cut off a Gaugemaster back scene with the remaining 'hills' then carefully stuck on to the pre-painted sky on the MDF.

Credit to Jayne (Owd Gringo's partner) for showing more patience than the 3 omigo's put together, and making an excellent job of this.

• Like 1

Just caught up with the new photos from the recent outing - lovely snaps. This layout is full of character and very cleverly modelled with the mainline and trees acting as view breaks you get a wonderful feeling of looking at the shed and yard through the landscape :)

• Like 1