Do Farish re-run coaches or liveries?

TomJ

As ever I'm late to the party! My modelling era has changed and I'm modelling an exGWR seaside branch in Cornwall (highly original I know). For a bit of variety I fancied some chocolate-cream Mk1 coaches as a through train or portion of from Paddington.

However they seem to be as rare as hens teeth, both new and secondhand, unless I want a rake entirely made up of restaurant cars!

How does Farish's production work? Is that it for Mk1 coaches, never to be made again, or do they often do another production run a few years later? Should I hold on or give up and run my train of maroon coaches??

Or does anyone know of a secret supplier of these coaches, preferably at clearance knock down rates!!!!

• RMweb Gold

They have done re-runs, some liveries on some mk.1 types being on their 4th issue now. It doesn't look like another run in chocolate & cream is planned for 2017/2018, but that's not to say they won't make a return in next years announcements.

Tom.

They don't feature on the Farish Website so I wouldn't expect any in the next couple of years.

Your best bet scour Toy and Train fairs if you can't find new.

As these coaches were mainly for named trains on the Western maroon are actually fine for your intended model, perhaps throw in some maroon Hawksworth or Dapol Collett for variety.

• RMweb Premium

You can generally have a guess at how many times they have been rerun by the letter at the end of the stock code. I think that the Chocolate and Cream ones have been rerun at least a couple of times. 

• RMweb Premium

There was a set which had a chocolate and cream BCK and SK (or was it an SO?) of the newest design in it that were to be found on Ebay split from the sets.  There may be a few still floating about.

There was a set which had a chocolate and cream BCK and SK (or was it an SO?) of the newest design in it that were to be found on Ebay split from the sets.  There may be a few still floating about.

That's the Graham Farish 370-070 Cornish Riviera Express set.

Cheltenham Model Centre http://www.cheltenhammodelcentre.com/products/40027-cmc-370-070b-g-farish-mk1-coaches-set-of-2-chocolate-and-cream-split/?bc=no are offering:

370-070b

1:148th Scale (N Gauge)

Graham Farish MK1 Coaches 

Set of 2 Chocolate & Cream

1 x Brake Composite Corridor

1 x Second Open

Split From Set

2 in stock

£40.00
Edited by PrestburyJack
  • Like 1