South Brazil

sharris

Is there an easy way to model Brazil's metre gauge railways. I'm thinking particularly of the ALL Rio Grande do Sul lines. Locomotives are mostly GT22CUM1 on metre gauge bogies. Coaching stock seems quite a random collection and freight a mixture of bogie hoppers, vans, containers, and bolsters for works trains.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?//106106-brazilian-railways/?p=2134920

Thinking about maybe H0m.

Very much a pipe dream at the moment as I've got lots to be getting on with on other projects, but just curious what it would take.

Frateschi always looks slightly tall to me, guess it's trying to get the proportions right for metre gauge, rather than scale for HO which is of course what they run on.

Neil

Looking back at my original thread with prototype photos from December 2015, I see that HSB suggested that they were scaled up somewhat from H0 with a Continental Modeller review suggesting that one of the locos is more like 4.3mm/ft rather than 3.5.

Looking back at my original thread with prototype photos from December 2015, I see that HSB suggested that they were scaled up somewhat from H0 with a Continental Modeller review suggesting that one of the locos is more like 4.3mm/ft rather than 3.5.

That would explain why the GT22 just doesn't look right!!! Wanted to use one as the basis for a Croatian 2044, but gave up on the idea.

Some of the Frateschi models are to 4mm scale, from personal experience the U20C is one of them. But rumour has it that recent models are closer to H0. What I have not been able to find is any accurate information on the scales of individual models without having to buy them and measure.
Regards