Chassis kit for Bachmann 04 Shunter

Does anyone know if there is a replacement chassis kit available suitable to fit in a Bachmann 04 shunter? I bought a split chassis version "untested" from Ebay and it is definitely not working. I need to do some work on the body and thought I might try my hand at building a chassis kit instead of trying to get a replacement split chassis.

Tony

The Branchlines chassis could give problems due to the drivecrank rod centres being set for use with Romford wheels. If you plan to use non prototypical Romford wheels than all will be OK. becaus you hace to drive the crank via the coupling rods, you are basically building an 0-8-0.

With the High Level chassis the drive crank rotates in time with the driving wheels but  is driven by the in-built gearbox, the coupling rods not being connected to the drive crank. This gives you more choice of wheels to use and makes setting up and quartering less work. The H/L chassis is built as an 0-6-0.

This video illustrates how the coupling rods rotate without being connected to the drive crank which I left out for the demo:

Edited by Porcy Mane