Shapeways E Class

Georgeconna

HI all,

Just started to tackle this Little shunter that CIE used a long time agoThe Body is from Shapeways and comes inthe usual Sandpaper Texture finish in Hard Plastic. 

I used some Mr Surfacer thinned down with Cellulose Thinners and painted a thin layer of filler over the body and sanded and repeated until I was happy with same.

There thankfully is etch produced by John Mayner who is located on the other side of the Planet in NZ and these help Enormously to make the finished item look Satisfactory. Here are some pics of the progress so far.

540_4089_zpsttottbie.jpg

540_4088_zpshhu6nlxx.jpg

540_4091_zpsk18ht1y9.jpg

540_4090_zpsaqnlziis.jpg

540_4094_zpsnqir6ndb.jpg

540_4093_zpseomtdba9.jpg

540_4094_zps6jjijf72.jpg

• Like 2

Delighted to see you posting again George.  'Mr Surfacer' seems to have covered the finished surface well.  Did not know John M did an etch for the E Class, I could be tempted.  What are you using for the chassis and traction?

Looking forward to seeing the next part of this excellent build. 

Delighted to see you posting again George.  'Mr Surfacer' seems to have covered the finished surface well.  Did not know John M did an etch for the E Class, I could be tempted.  What are you using for the chassis and traction?

Looking forward to seeing the next part of this excellent build. 

Hi Kirley,

The Chassis will be a Bull Ant,   You need to added the dimension specs in for the axle spacing, just take your time with this to ensure you get it right!!.

This is from an old post on IR so the info should be spot on but check yourself.

"Bull Ant Major, wheels 12mm dia, Code 110 NS disc, MH-1630 motor, 30:1 gear reduction, 26 mm batwing mounting bolster, 2 fixed soldered to chassis, wheelbase 20+32mm"

http://www.hollywoodfoundry.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=10

Not Sure if John has these etches still available TBH. Sure you know where to get him!!

Cheers bud.

George

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...