A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Radstock - Midford Tramway at Wellow

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nice to see some corrugated cardboard in use. I have just created a pair of tiered display bases for the 'Messy Church' Bethlehem scene. The youngsters will be making the buildings out of cardboard tubes from the usual domestic sources. Two big flat screen TV boxes provided the material. It's quite solid. especially when laminated. Given the price of commercial modelling materials, using cardboard, wood offcuts and a big tub of PVA is a good option!

I use corrugated card a lot for scenics, scrounged from the local supermarket, and old cornflake packet for the woven support mesh.  Assembled with a hot glue gun its fast, easy and cheap!

corrrugated.jpg.78640d070bd140b966b39f4caa4a9a2c.jpg

2012426068_corrugated2.jpg.f34550e425de66782fbb14f7a976aa89.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been struggling for ages with the terrain at the tunnel end of the layout, when I was looking at a picture of the village and realised (a eureka moment) that the canal passes into a cutting. It all became easy. I had been distracted by the removal of land during the barn conversions.. So a bit of CAD (cardboard aided design) and here is the result.

IMG_0599.JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It was to have appeared at Railwells 21, but that got cancelled. I expect it will appear at Railwells 22.

As for progress? None, but thanks for asking and your comment! It might inspire me to get my Mojo working again.

• Like 1

It's all @col.stephens fault, I have swapped the boards over, and have now restarted work on the layout!

1428908358_IMG_09261.JPG.ab8ae5d79684980bd6687cb80713fc0f.JPG

The cottages are being tried out, with some trees and bushes they 'might' be acceptable.

915112822_IMG_09271.JPG.591b0aa2f51e1f445a680e1e5488d054.JPG

someone pointed out using a hot-glue gun for scenery work - Ill fetch that from the workshop ...

• Like 3

Yes me too, and the working horse of course :D

It must be the season, because I've been working on Sandsifters again this week after nearly 8 months of inactivity. Although I suspect the Cameo Challenge has sunk without trace as we don't seem to hear anything from its originators anymore.

Steve

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I was always bumping my head on the light beam, so I've raised the board. Also I've used some LED strips that I removed from a (then) scrap TV to light the layout. The scrap TV had some new LED strips put in it - no longer scrap!

P1000858.JPG

• 4 months later...