FArish Class 350 Digital access to power car!

Stevelewis

I  have  been  handed  a  couple  of   Farish Class 350  emus   and  asked  to  fit  decoders  to  the  power  car, unfortunately  the  instructions  are  not  included!!

So  to  save  me   fiddling   around   could  someone  point  me  in  the  right  direction  for  access  to  the  power  car's  interior?

underfloor  section  is  removable

Thanks  in  anticipation

• RMweb Premium

Slide nail under body, starting at the doors is easiest, then unclip chassis at the ends and pull off. Bit fiddly, but easy enough once you know what you're doing!

If you want lights you need to do the driving trailers too as there's no electrical continuity, same process.

Slide nail under body, starting at the doors is easiest, then unclip chassis at the ends and pull off. Bit fiddly, but easy enough once you know what you're doing!

If you want lights you need to do the driving trailers too as there's no electrical continuity, same process.

Thanks  Njee

I  have  done  loads  of this  type of  access!  Finger  Nails  bear  the  signs!!,  Very  similar  to  the  4-ceps,  re  the    unpowered   end  cars  owner  is  happy   to  leave  these  non  digitized  just   let  the  lights  stay  on,  as  we  have  done  with   the  CEPs!!

• RMweb Premium

Obviously he may disagree, but I'd take the blanking plugs out and run without lights at all, rather than have the red and white ones blaring both ends. Not so bad on the front as the white ones are brighter, but doesn't look so good on the rear.

Hi Steve,

This isn't meant to sound rude.

If your end user doesn't know how to fit a chip to a DCC ready loco, are they taking a step too far moving to DCC?

DCC is all about having a middling knowledge of electrics.

I personally would run screaming for the hills, if I had to solder a loco kit together, but electics hold no fear.

Regards,

John P

Hi Steve,

This isn't meant to sound rude.

If your end user doesn't know how to fit a chip to a DCC ready loco, are they taking a step too far moving to DCC?

DCC is all about having a middling knowledge of electrics.

I personally would run screaming for the hills, if I had to solder a loco kit together, but electics hold no fear.

Regards,

John P

For  your  information  I   have   used  Digital  for   over  20  years  I  have  digitized   many  hundreds  of  locos  in  scales  from  Z  to G,  The   question  I  asked   was  simply  to  determine  the access  to  the  350  as  the  instruction  sheet  was  not  with  the  items  when  I recvd  them,  the  owner  is  actually  semi  disabled  and   has  no  problem  using  digital systems  both  in  his house  and  his  garden  but  I   fit  decoders  for  him as  he   does  not  have  enough control in  his  hands.  He  has  used  digital  systems  for  many  years.

For  further  info  I  have  personally  built  many  Kits over  a   lot  of  years  mostly  in 7mm scale,  one  or  two  of  these  have  appeared  in  the   model  press,  one  appearing  on  the  front  cover  of  the  Model Railway  Constructor   Annual  1984