Graham Farish conversions a happy first attempt

Wotan

Dear all, I just wanted to post to give anyone else who wants to give 2FS a go some confidence that if I can do it anyone Can!

The Jinty conversion works,and following on from threads posted here I am delighted how well it's turned out,I also took all the circuit boards out and hard wired a ct elektronik decoder in the cab,and it runs like a Swiss clock.

The j39 simply uses the original farish tender mechanism,turned down wheels.the loco simply replaces the farish wheels with association ones,jinty muffs and gear and replacement coupling rods.

Think I need to shorten the gap between tender and loco Though?

Has anyone removed the circuit board in these tenders , again a ct elektronik decoder makes such a big difference to the running? But Does it Help removing the circuit board?.

But for a first succesful attempt I'm delighted. So anyone thinking about it give it a go,it's very much worth it.... oops I'll get the hang of this, think I've managed to upload a short video????.

Edited by Wotan
  • Like 2

nice work the Jinty caused me some problems until I finally got it right

Nick

Agreed Nick, I wish the coupling rods were a bit thicker as well, but I also found it easier to disconnect the motor get it free running first...

Thanks for your comments

Best

Michael

Excellent stuff Michael. I presume you are using DCC?

Tim

Afternoon Tim,and thank you, yes I've hardwired the Jinty, but I'm sure I can set it for dc I think it's the ct elektronik DCX77L if anyone knows????,and the j39 just can have the blanking plug put back in and it needs needs some LNER regalia don't you think?

Best wishes Michael