Tynebank: South Tyneside circa 1960

ianblenk

10 minutes ago, 31A said:

I like the use of 'random' to chose which locos to use!  I tried to do that when I drew up my sequence for "Finsbury Square" but couldn't work out how to do it, using the Apple "Numbers" program rather than Excel.

Hi Steve,

It works OK, but it can be a bit tedious finding the loco and getting the train assembled, but it means most of the stock can have a run out and  that 'favourites' aren't in use all the time. I pinched some of the ideas from John Elliot and Bradfield Square. I'm just trying to run the whole thing through and check for any bugs. The practicalities of having all the ancillary gear accessible, i.e. block bells, laptop and slave screen in places where they aren't in the way has been a problem, but once I have accepted the fact I won't be exhibiting it and need to provide shelving etc it became easier. Looking forward to the next instalment of Finsbury!

Cheers

Ian B

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, ianblenk said:

it means most of the stock can have a run out and  that 'favourites' aren't in use all the time.

Looking forward to the next instalment of Finsbury!

Cheers

Ian B

That's exactly the reason I wanted to do it, but inn the end I listed the locos in numerical order and rotate them every time I re-run the sequence which has the same effect but is becoming more predictable than I wanted it to be.  Thanks, glad you like Finsbury, I'll try and find something else to report soon!

https://exceljet.net/formula/random-number-from-fixed-set-of-options.

You can use IF Then formula based on the cell in which the class of the train appears.

So IF  cell with train class equals 'E' THEN CHOOSE RANDBETWEEN from a table with the loco numbers in it.Takes a while to enter the data, but seems to work so far!

It will regenerate each time you open the spreadsheet and if linked to access automatically update the display form

IB

• Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a Dave Alexander kit I bought on a well known auction site. I have an unmade one, it was my intention to use this to produce the single car DMBT No E29238E. But, to be realistic it is unlikely that this will happen. I've also drawn up cutting plans for the Silhoutte for the N.E.R. parcels car in it's de-icing incarnation, again I wonder if I'll get round to it! i am however building some non-revenue earning stock for the Harton part of Tynebank. I'm also pleased to say that Tynebank is just about complete with only a few 'touch up' bits and pieces to do, who knows I may get an exhibition invite!

little Benton.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ianblenk said:

It's a Dave Alexander kit I bought on a well known auction site. I have an unmade one, it was my intention to use this to produce the single car DMBT No E29238E. But, to be realistic it is unlikely that this will happen. I've also drawn up cutting plans for the Silhoutte for the N.E.R. parcels car in it's de-icing incarnation, again I wonder if I'll get round to it! i am however building some non-revenue earning stock for the Harton part of Tynebank. I'm also pleased to say that Tynebank is just about complete with only a few 'touch up' bits and pieces to do, who knows I may get an exhibition invite!

little Benton.jpg

As Secretary of Thetford, Suffolk, Club I would invite you to our Exhibition next year but thats not up to me unfortunately, bit far to come for a day as well! Have been following this thread since you started. Great work.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ianblenk said:

little Benton.jpg

23 hours ago, ianblenk said:

little Benton.jpg

Any idea who's photo this is please.

I am wondering whether they ever took a photo of the BR Parcels car at the same spot so that I can confirm the conduit arrangement over the Guard's compartment.

Dave.

Edited by dasatcopthorne

Sorry I don't know who took the photo, it was in a box of local (Tyneside) snaps I bought at a card fayre some years ago. All it has is 'Little Benton' on the back.

I believe the consist is running from Walker car sheds to South Gosforth.

Ian B

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteamAle said:

Well we still have room for you next month in the demo class!

Sorry Phil you didn't mean bring Tynebank did you? I could put South Gallions on display behind the demo bench

Getting panicky now.

Ian