Tynebank: South Tyneside circa 1960

ianblenk

• 2 months later...

Diesel Days at Tynebank.

D1 has come of the 'Shieldsman' the Liverpool to South Shields service and will run light back to Gateshead

Type 3 will collect the plate flats from Tyne Dock Engineering and will trip them back to Tyne Dock from where they will eventually run up to Consett

D1.JPG

Type3.JPG

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, tom shaw said:

Nice to hear from you again and to see your fantastic layout.

Tom

Thanks you are very kind. I am looking forward to seeing some pics of your model. I have been busy with the London Layout which I am enjoying building. It is a real move away from the NE and the buildings need a bit of thought,.

Cheers

Ian B

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, ianblenk said:

Thanks you are very kind. I am looking forward to seeing some pics of your model. I have been busy with the London Layout which I am enjoying building. It is a real move away from the NE and the buildings need a bit of thought,.

Cheers

Ian B

Ian,

see link at the bottom of this reply

Ian

Looks like No.14 has had a hard shunt judging by one of the buffers!

Think I'm finally getting to grips with Collingwood Yard Signal Box on North Shields. Chris has put a couple of new points in which means you could have three trains running through the throat at one time!!!!

Philip

8 hours ago, SteamAle said:

Ian

Looks like No.14 has had a hard shunt judging by one of the buffers!

Think I'm finally getting to grips with Collingwood Yard Signal Box on North Shields. Chris has put a couple of new points in which means you could have three trains running through the throat at one time!!!!

Philip

Yes, always recheck before pressing the shutter! I see I left the fall plate up on the Q6 as well

See you soon

IB

Well, finally managing to play trains. It does seem rather sad offering and accepting on your own!

Pics show;

Stock on cassettes ready for the session

The Snapper arrives to pick up fish traffic, I did wonder to have this move in as all the fish came up from North Shields to Tynemouth, but still I do like the Snapper and my Grandfather was in the East Yorks in WW1.

Finally a couple of snaps of 68427 with coal for shipment to the London River..

I am going to have to put together about 3 or 4 different sequences to get everything i want to run.

Cheers guys and thanks for the encouragement.

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

ES1 brings fish up from Riverside

South Shields to Sunderland (via Coast) Parcels.

The servos on the semaphores need almost constant adjustment, anyone else have this problem? It's becoming a nuisance.

IMG_3066.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

• Like 12

Latest edition to the stock list;

61987 Tyne Dock's last K3 withdrawn 1960 still paired with tender carrying the earlier B.R. logo.

987 will be mainly allocated to Class K  workings. Although in truth it is rather surplus to requirements. Weather brush applied as you can probably tell! Too bad outside to do any spray painting.

Next job finish the N8 which will also have a role on the next NE project.

61987a.JPG

61987b.JPG

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, Barry O said:

XP fish are rated for XP running and the photos I have seen of those heading back to Grimsby have an XP headlamp code.

Baz

Thanks for that, I was wondering how they would return, and thought they would come back as XP traffic, it will give me a reason to have an A2 or A3 actually doing some work instead of running light.

Cheers for your help

Ian B

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New items of rolling stock on Tynebank are few and far between, like buses you wait for ages. then three turn up.

Left to right; Parkside fish van, Parkside 12t pipe wagon and Chivers pigeon van.

Now i should really get on with finishing South Gallions in time for Newcastle in November, you have to be positive!

new stock.JPG

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Corbs said:

Very nice, I especially like the pigeon van.

Thanks,

I do need info about pipe loads, I've cut up some straws, but I'm guessing in reality the pipe loads would not just happen to be the same length as the wagon, or were they manufactured that length so the customer could then fabricate to whatever specs? Railway modelling gets you to ask the most obscure questions!

Cheers IB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ianblenk said:

Thanks,

I do need info about pipe loads, I've cut up some straws, but I'm guessing in reality the pipe loads would not just happen to be the same length as the wagon, or were they manufactured that length so the customer could then fabricate to whatever specs? Railway modelling gets you to ask the most obscure questions!

Cheers IB

Ian. Google vitreous and salt glazed drainage, and you should find some useful information.

Mike

• Thanks 1