Tynebank: South Tyneside circa 1960

ianblenk

Baz

Unfortunately the Lottery Grant for the 1950's town is someway short of what they needed so money has been pulled from other areas to fill the gap and guess what? The Railway and Trams are not getting the work done on them as a result. In addition a senior member of staff was prosecuted for missuse of funds, if I remember rightly.

I had a friend that worked there until last year who left because he worked in the restoration department.

The good news is that lots of bits have been going to the Stainmore Railway Co, based at Kirkby Stephen East, who are making an excellent job of restoration. They are helping the J21 restoration project as well.

Philip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Quick question for anyone who remembers the Harton locos - No. 10 in its green incarnation appears to have four small lights on the cab roof. Were they all white lights, were they directional? Did No.10 (and No. 13) carry built in directional red lights? I'm building 10 and 13 in 2mm and I'd like to get the lighting correct.

thanks,

Alex.

17 minutes ago, Alex Duckworth said:

Quick question for anyone who remembers the Harton locos - No. 10 in its green incarnation appears to have four small lights on the cab roof. Were they all white lights, were they directional? Did No.10 (and No. 13) carry built in directional red lights? I'm building 10 and 13 in 2mm and I'd like to get the lighting correct.

thanks,

Alex.

There is a Harton group on Facebook, with some former employees, that may be a better help 

IEB

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Ian Blenk said:

There is a Harton group on Facebook, with some former employees, that may be a better help 

IEB

4 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

IIRC the lights on 10 were all white, used for coupling up etc in the dark.

The big EE locos 13-15 had a red and a white light at each end in a housing (see photo) but 11 and 12 just had a single light.

Thank you both for your answers.

Alex.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Alex Duckworth said:

Absolutely no intention of reproducing them.

No problem Alex, it is just that I recently noticed in the AC Electrics thread on RMWeb a photo of mine appearing under someone else's name!  I have no issue with folk copying off here for reference, but it is annoying when others claim them as their own without reference to the photographer.

• Agree 3

50 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

No problem Alex, it is just that I recently noticed in the AC Electrics thread on RMWeb a photo of mine appearing under someone else's name!  I have no issue with folk copying off here for reference, but it is annoying when others claim them as their own without reference to the photographer.

Yep, I recently received a report of building survey using some snaps of mine, was rather surprised to see them!

However, it would be a shame if people stopped posting such things.

Edited by Ian Blenk
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...