CANNS INTERSELLING TRADERS - aka Bridestowe Model Shop

Andy Y

• 1 month later...

Don't worry no personal /confidential information was exchanged, just a general request for advice. After 35 years in the civil service I am aware that information is confidential in all circumstances. We even have to get permission to take any other type of part-time employment or holiday in certain countries because of the official secrets act. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/03/2022 at 20:09, rob D2 said:

I’ve no idea why people order from an unknown company with no reputation you can check, there’s hundreds of well known  model shops out there - or am I missing a trick ?

I do see where you are coming from but virtually every new company has to start off at some point, not all are crooks.

Not condoning the actions of the subject company.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, SamThomas said:

I do see where you are coming from but virtually every new company has to start off at some point, not all are crooks.

Not condoning the actions of the subject company.

+1 Once upon a time Amazon was Jeff Bezos and a few people reviewing and posting books out of Seattle, Apple was once Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak in a garage...........

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Does nobody else read the title of this thread and think Delboy . Trotters international Traders ? 

Apologies to anyone caught out by this , I don’t meant to trivialise it  but Canns Interselling Traders , really ? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ruggedpeak said:

+1 Once upon a time Amazon was Jeff Bezos and a few people reviewing and posting books out of Seattle, Apple was once Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak in a garage...........

Facebook was a college nerd wanting to play hot or not with his mates on the girls at Harvard.

And it never got better than that really.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Legend said:

Does nobody else read the title of this thread and think Delboy . Trotters international Traders ? 

Apologies to anyone caught out by this , I don’t meant to trivialise it  but Canns Interselling Traders , really ? 

Probably worth reading from the start to understand how some got caught out. This firm had a different name and was trading normally for a while, and a number of us including me reported this on the forum. Sadly at some later point it went badly wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Legend said:

I read it as "Canns Interstellar Traders"

Run by a Ferenghi no doubt............

• Funny 2

6 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I read it as "Canns Interstellar Traders"

Run by a Ferenghi no doubt............

Amazingly, I'd never previously given any thought to the company initials of Trotters' Independent Traders ........

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Facebook was a college nerd wanting to play hot or not with his mates on the girls at Harvard.

And it never got better than that really.

Other than he made enough money to buy the moon 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Amazingly, I'd never previously given any thought to the company initials of Trotters' Independent Traders ........

CJI.

Emphasised in one episode when they swing the Regal van door open, leaving just the initials visible

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Anyone who works in electronics will be familiar with Towers International Transistor Selector 

7E2AC65A-D607-4A9F-973A-578DC2F21456.png.da727f4f0722f93cfdcb7df74b6778aa.png

Andi

Edited by Dagworth
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 1 month later...

As a quick update. I received a letter letting me know that Action Fraud and therefore presumably the police are doing absolutely nothing about this. They just let the debit/credit card companies deal with it and ultimately the cost gets passed back onto us via interest rates and account fees. So I suspect the person/persons behind this company may do this again. In fact, now I know you can just get away with it, I may change career... 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

43 minutes ago, Grouse101 said:

As a quick update. I received a letter letting me know that Action Fraud and therefore presumably the police are doing absolutely nothing about this. They just let the debit/credit card companies deal with it and ultimately the cost gets passed back onto us via interest rates and account fees. So I suspect the person/persons behind this company may do this again. In fact, now I know you can just get away with it, I may change career... 

I'm really not surprised in the least.

The powers that be in UK law enforcement seem to think this is a victimless crime just because the majority of purchases are credit card based and are covered by Section 75.

As you say, the losses these companies make is added on to the consumer in one way or another and the individual concerned will no doubt try his hand again as he's effectively got away with it !

Edited by Black 5 Bear

• Moderators

These sorts wouldn't be able to line their pockets if people weren't suckers in chasing prices to the bottom. If it's too good to be true, blah blah.

Just deal with recognised stockists.

• Agree 10

• AY Mod locked this topic