Exmoor Rail 2017 - Adjacent to WSR Minehead station - Sat. 5th August

exmoordave

I wanted to add another addition to our line-up this year. We are pleased to welcome the EM Gauge Society, who will be pleased to speak to anyone who cares to ask a question or two!?

Question 1: Why are your rails too far apart?

Question 2: Why are your rails too close together?

Geoff Endacott

This is a photo of "Oake", which was featured in a recent RM and is based on a fictional station on a local line closed in the mid 1960s, from Taunton to Barnstaple.

Just 3 days to go now!! Should be a great week-end and the weather forecast is not too hot & not too wet!! The WSR is also holding its annual Steam Fayre at the week-end, so you can come to us on Saturday & Bishops Lydeard on Sunday. Sorted!!!

Best to all

exmoordave

post-3296-0-41564800-1501668598_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone

Here's a photo of another layout appearing at EXMOOR RAIL  this coming  Saturday - it is a 4mm layout called Shillingsford. It has DCC control, with some locos having sound as well. 

Why not come along and visit the show and the West Somerset Railway as well, especially as we're almost next door to Minehead station!

Best to all

exmoordave

post-3296-0-46167800-1501711270_thumb.jpg

BUMP, BUMP - off we go in a couple of hours to begin the set-up!!! Did I have my 3 Weetabix this morning?

exmoordave

3 Weetabix :O

If you pop over to Hinkley Point Dave, you could end up glowing like the Ready Brek kid :jester:

• RMweb Gold

BUMP, BUMP - off we go in a couple of hours to begin the set-up!!! Did I have my 3 Weetabix this morning?

exmoordave

I hope it all goes well Dave - its usually a great day out - we've been enticed to play out at MOMING in Pewsey tomorrow which is an annoying clash but hopefully see you next year.

ATB

Chris

BUMP, BUMP, BUMP......all set up now, just awaiting a few more stands and weather forecast is quite good.

Sorry you won't be there Chris and yes, hope to see you next year.

All the best and hope to see some of you tomorrow.

exmoordave

Had an excellent visit to the show today, was my first time at the event and I certainly wasn't disappointed! Nice to meet some familiar faces as well as some new ones too. A very good selection of layouts, trade and demos.

Nice to meet you Dave and hope to get the 009 Trench Railway ready for the next one. 

Got to head off to work now sadly, but will post some pics and of course my video tomorrow.

Well done indeed Dave and the team!  :imsohappy:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good show Dave and gang, plus all the exhibitors and traders.

I especially enjoyed Brixham Bay and Oake, but the standard of layouts was consistently good and I didn't notice any of them malfunctioning. 

Hall down and Manor back, thanks WSR. Somewhat delayed each way due to speed restrictions arising from overnight track work required for the visit of Flying Scotsman. Quite why PWay considered adequate to support 104 tons of A1 isn't up to 96 tons of A3, isn't clear. :jester:

Thanks to that nice Mr Heard tempting me with a well-executed renamed specimen, my fleet of Bulleid Light Pacifics has swelled to 29. :triniti:

I'll be off to the Steam Fair tomorrow if the weather holds.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3

What a great exhibition this was.

My missus dropped me off and I had a great time.

The Exmoor gang worked hard but I think their hard work paid off.

Great exhibits and stands too.

Heartiest congratulations on a great show Exmoor Coast Modellers, looking forward to next year's show.

andy

• Like 1

Well, it must have been a good show cos when we first looked at the time, it was gone midday! Friday Bridge behaved itself in the main (except when Cath was operating for some reason!); we had both shunters operating through the day, the fake tram and the ghost Drewry, and both ran very well. A bit of snagging to do, but nothing insurmountable.

Good to see Peafore Yard Rob, still think EM is the way to go with the next one though. Some other excellent layouts there, including the best in show Tregellion Quay power station. Good to see BiS being a small layout!

So, another excellent ExmoorRail, well done to Dave and the chaps!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Like 1

Evening folks

Firstly many thanks to everyone above who has made such kind comments about the quality of the show. We're all very pleased that you enjoyed it. We are a small group, and with the help of a few friends, plus a lot of hard work, the show actually happens! It was actually one of our busiest ever, and the planning for next year's event is already under way. Also a very big thank you to all the exhibitors, traders, demonstrators and Societies who supported us. It seemed to be a very happy, positive atmosphere and I received many positive comments from both the public and the exhibitors. The date for next year's show  is Saturday 4th August, so when you get your new diaries/calendars, please don't forget to make a note!

Thank you all again 

exmoordave

Thank you once again,

exmoordave

Just to echo all the other comments, we had an excellent day on Saturday. It was a really good show, and the visitors seemed to be very happy.

It was my first show with Invernevis, and the layout ran better than I'd dared hope. By the afternoon we'd even ironed out the operator issues and I'd nearly mastered manual uncoupling!

Nice video above too - very odd seeing yourself on film!

Thanks for all the nice comments received while we were there, and thanks again to Dave and the club group for such a great day out. 

Cheers

David