• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

Maybe fortunately for you both, DRS does have a finite fleet :D

It comes to something when you have a fair few DRS locos and it's still probably not even 30% of the fleet of real life locos that they have operated past and present haha. 

I never really even intended on buying so many DRS locos, but because I like their liveries it just seems as though the fleet has grown and grown in the past few years and what with the Bachmann 20/3s due in Q4 2020 and Accurascale Class 37s due in Q1 2021, it doesn't seem to be stopping their. I'm not sure exactly how big I think my layout is...

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 01:09, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

That's true and both ideas are very good. When you have used plastic card, did you watch videos on Youtube etc before you attempted anything or did you just buy some and have a go? I'm just trying to gauge how achievable it would be to get a decent enough looking result for a depot/shed area. 

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

My depot I built on Banks road few years ago 2010 was built from same idea,

in fact everything I build which has concrete look floor is from plastic card Danny...

Thanks neil..

thumbnail_IMG_2201.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/03/2020 at 01:40, saxokid said:

My depot I built on Banks road few years ago 2010 was built from same idea,

in fact everything I build which has concrete look floor is from plastic card Danny...

Thanks neil..

thumbnail_IMG_2201.jpg

Thanks for the photo mate and for letting me know. 

It looks really impressive especially with 37s on shed. This is definitely something that I'm going to research and look into more and hopefully I may be able to do something like this. It would definitely add much more of a depot feel compared to how my depot is at the moment. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 01:02, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thanks for the photo mate and for letting me know. 

It looks really impressive especially with 37s on shed. This is definitely something that I'm going to research and look into more and hopefully I may be able to do something like this. It would definitely add much more of a depot feel compared to how my depot is at the moment. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Ive started build thread on my Colmore TMD check it out when you can Danny.

Lots of pictures for you...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, saxokid said:

Ive started build thread on my Colmore TMD check it out when you can Danny.

Lots of pictures for you...

Excellent mate. Thank you for sharing. 

I look forward to having a look and seeing what your up to. I'm sure you will give me plenty of ideas for my layout too. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 15:13, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Excellent mate. Thank you for sharing. 

I look forward to having a look and seeing what your up to. I'm sure you will give me plenty of ideas for my layout too. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Something els ive been building Danny is flask depot,ile be running modern DRS locos on ...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, saxokid said:

Something els ive been building Danny is flask depot,ile be running modern DRS locos on ...

That's brilliant news. I'm really looking forward to seeing this and of course the DRS traction that will be on it. 

At the moment anyone modelling/collecting DRS traction is very fortunate, because we are just spoilt with so many models that have either recently become available or will be available this year or next year. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

That's brilliant news. I'm really looking forward to seeing this and of course the DRS traction that will be on it. 

At the moment anyone modelling/collecting DRS traction is very fortunate, because we are just spoilt with so many models that have either recently become available or will be available this year or next year. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Yer ive got lots of DRS and colas stuff..

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, saxokid said:

Yer ive got lots of DRS and colas stuff..

Colas have nice traction too don't they! I have some positive news on that front too. I now have a Colas fleet again. A few years ago I dispensed with the only Colas loco that I had which was ViTrains 47739, just because it was the older, more original ViTrains tooling before any modifications/upgrades were made e.g the Rail Exclusive 47s. So for a a few years after I had sold that 47 I didn't have any Colas locos, but now I have a few again, at the moment all of them are new and still in their boxes until I have some suitable rolling stock to run with them. Can't wait to see the DRS and Colas traction. Some really nice locos and liveries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Colas have nice traction too don't they! I have some positive news on that front too. I now have a Colas fleet again. A few years ago I dispensed with the only Colas loco that I had which was ViTrains 47739, just because it was the older, more original ViTrains tooling before any modifications/upgrades were made e.g the Rail Exclusive 47s. So for a a few years after I had sold that 47 I didn't have any Colas locos, but now I have a few again, at the moment all of them are new and still in their boxes until I have some suitable rolling stock to run with them. Can't wait to see the DRS and Colas traction. Some really nice locos and liveries. 

Sounds good Danny,you wil have to get posting some loco pictures...