2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hey Danny if you're going to do a TMD with concrete hard standing check out this video on YT, really interesting way of creating a concrete base using real concrete instead of fake materials.

You can make good concrete hard standing using plastic card and make it look as real as you can,its how many hours of time and research you put in helps...

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, saxokid said:

Looking good my mate...

23 hours ago, saxokid said:

Any new updates on your layout build Danny??

cant wait to see some scenery builds...

Thanks mate. So recently I have added some additional sidings to the layout, using an additional piece of board to create and extension to the layout. I was toying with the idea of adding a town centre to said area but I decided against it just because I need additional capacity for stock on the layout. So in a way it was a shame to lose the last available space to more track but I have gained an additional 6/7 sidings which are ideal for stabling shortish trains e.g. DRS flask trains, test trains, RHTTs etc, so I will definitely make use of the space. So that's a positive. I am now thinking of adding some scenic items to my depot area seen as though I can't create a town centre scene. 

As with the rest of the layout I have already painted the MDF baseboards in a light grey to represent ballast for underneath the track, so I'm now thinking of how best to build the depot area up. It could be a case of adding some depot items and say some bushes and trees. But with the latter I don't want to go over the top. Gresty Bridge in reality is fairly tidy, so it could be that some bushes are added down the side of the depot shed, alike the Gresty Bridge headshunt down the side of the large shed, close to the mainline. 

I will post some photos when I can of my recent work, which involved using an old siding to create a loop line to access the new sidings. It does look quite smart, especially with a loop line running next to the two main lines. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

16 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hey Danny if you're going to do a TMD with concrete hard standing check out this video on YT, really interesting way of creating a concrete base using real concrete instead of fake materials.

Thanks for posting the video mate. 

I have to say the depot area looks really impressive and it's definitely something for me to think about in the future. A hard standing in the depot/shed area of a layout really improves the look overall and certainly makes the depot area stand out more. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, saxokid said:

You can make good concrete hard standing using plastic card and make it look as real as you can,its how many hours of time and research you put in helps...

That's true and both ideas are very good. When you have used plastic card, did you watch videos on Youtube etc before you attempted anything or did you just buy some and have a go? I'm just trying to gauge how achievable it would be to get a decent enough looking result for a depot/shed area. 

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

On 21/02/2020 at 13:40, classy52 said:

.... we share the same infinity towards DRS loco's/stock ....

Maybe fortunately for you both, DRS does have a finite fleet :D

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

It comes to something when you have a fair few DRS locos and it's still probably not even 30% of the fleet of real life locos that they have operated past and present haha. 

I never really even intended on buying so many DRS locos, but because I like their liveries it just seems as though the fleet has grown and grown in the past few years and what with the Bachmann 20/3s due in Q4 2020 and Accurascale Class 37s due in Q1 2021, it doesn't seem to be stopping their. I'm not sure exactly how big I think my layout is...

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 01:09, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

That's true and both ideas are very good. When you have used plastic card, did you watch videos on Youtube etc before you attempted anything or did you just buy some and have a go? I'm just trying to gauge how achievable it would be to get a decent enough looking result for a depot/shed area. 

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

My depot I built on Banks road few years ago 2010 was built from same idea,

in fact everything I build which has concrete look floor is from plastic card Danny...

Thanks neil..

thumbnail_IMG_2201.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/03/2020 at 07:16, 'CHARD said:

Lol only just realised my incorrect spelling :banghead:...think I've got cabin fever :heat:

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, classy52 said:

Lol only just realised my incorrect spelling :banghead:...think I've got cabin fever :heat:

Don't worry about cabin fever, this is just the start! ;)

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

On 28/03/2020 at 01:40, saxokid said:

My depot I built on Banks road few years ago 2010 was built from same idea,

in fact everything I build which has concrete look floor is from plastic card Danny...

Thanks neil..

thumbnail_IMG_2201.jpg

Thanks for the photo mate and for letting me know. 

It looks really impressive especially with 37s on shed. This is definitely something that I'm going to research and look into more and hopefully I may be able to do something like this. It would definitely add much more of a depot feel compared to how my depot is at the moment. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 01:02, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thanks for the photo mate and for letting me know. 

It looks really impressive especially with 37s on shed. This is definitely something that I'm going to research and look into more and hopefully I may be able to do something like this. It would definitely add much more of a depot feel compared to how my depot is at the moment. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Ive started build thread on my Colmore TMD check it out when you can Danny.

Lots of pictures for you...

• Friendly/supportive 1

13 hours ago, saxokid said:

Ive started build thread on my Colmore TMD check it out when you can Danny.

Lots of pictures for you...

Excellent mate. Thank you for sharing. 

I look forward to having a look and seeing what your up to. I'm sure you will give me plenty of ideas for my layout too. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1