Looks great guys, hope to see the layout in the flesh sometime. How do you plan to operate it, do you have a sequence? I've seen a small depot layout at a show where they started with the steam era and gradually worked through to the BR Blue era, really was interesting to watch.

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

We could do something along the same lines eventually, but in reality, it depends who is available for the show and what stock they bring!

Thanks

Simon

• Like 1

Just come across this layout and it looks superb, especially how so much has been put into such a small space. I'm planning a small diesel depot layout too, but set slightly earlier (so that a Western and a Warship or two can be incorporated). :)

Was it Peco code 100 track that you used?

Cheers,

Just come across this layout and it looks superb, especially how so much has been put into such a small space. I'm planning a small diesel depot layout too, but set slightly earlier (so that a Western and a Warship or two can be incorporated). :)

Was it Peco code 100 track that you used?

Cheers,

Thanks for the praise!

Yes, we did use code 100 track.  Good luck with your project  :good:

Simon

Depot Lane on Holiday!

One of the things we liked when designing the layout was that due to its small size any of us could easily take the layout home with us. And so at the end of the first club meet after Weston, I loaded Depot Lane up into my car and took it home with me! Here are a few photos of Depot Lane with my DRS stock!

post-31930-0-14305300-1510850921_thumb.jpg

Chiltern 68014 receives light maintenance whilst two class 37s rest between duties

post-31930-0-06114600-1510850928_thumb.jpg

The class 68 now awaits its return to Gresty Bridge whilst the shed now plays host to 66434

post-31930-0-94557300-1510850934_thumb.jpg

Visiting HNRC 20096 and 20107 arrive at the depot

post-31930-0-93875300-1510850941_thumb.jpg

They will be returning to mainline duties tomorrow

Cheers,

Matt

EDIT: SPAG

Edited by M.R.P.G
  • Like 9

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon this thread and i'm more than impressed! This is a stunning diorama, makes a tiny layout look massive. I might have to take the idea of the 'swing' fiddle yard as I have a portable table about 1 and a half meters which I'm trying to find the best possible space saver option. I have a FGW 153 which will probably be the length of the moving table in the fiddle yard. The scenery itself is clean but looks realistic at the same time, my personal favorite route of modelling! Even though it's complete i'd love an update every so often of locos on it!

NEW M.R.P.G PROJECT...

Although it not connected with Depot Lane, I thought I would mention that we have finally started our new project.  It is a BR Blue terminus station that we also have the option of running with modern traction.  It will be a larger layout and therefore appear in the standard 'layout' threads category, once we settle on a name!!!

Shaun and I fetched the wood from the local wood yard...

post-31930-0-21945200-1519691246_thumb.jpg

and then started constructing the boards in my garage.  

Cheers

Simon

• Like 2