009 couplings - and uncoupling

spikey

I think the Bemo coupling can be modified in the same way, I remember operating an Austrain layout which used Liliput and Bemo couplers and had "under the track" magnets to uncouple.

I have seen that - adding a small piece of iron wire to the Bemo - very fiddly though

Thanks

David

You can also have magnetic uncoupling with the Peco NEM couplers by using one of their track pins. It needs to be glued at an angle on one side of the loop, in a similar way to the Greenwich ‘hanger’.

You can also have delayed uncoupling with the Greenwich, I haven’t tried this though.

• 3 years later...
On 13/02/2018 at 07:37, RussB said:

You can also have magnetic uncoupling with the Peco NEM couplers by using one of their track pins. It needs to be glued at an angle on one side of the loop, in a similar way to the Greenwich ‘hanger’.

You can also have delayed uncoupling with the Greenwich, I haven’t tried this though.

Returning to this after starting a new 009 layout - how do you get delayed uncoupling with the Greenwich ?

Thanks

Just now, Hobby said:

You can do it, someone on NGRM Online forum shows how, but you can use the DG 009 coupling which is compatible with the Greenwich and has delayed action built in.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/couplings/dgd/

I looked at those but thought the baseplate was a bit large for some of my stock. Do you have a link to the thread you mentioned?

Thanks

Thanks, Mike, I was going to say that. I know several people on there us DGs and some have also modified Greenwich but  i couldn't find just one link as they were part of other threads (and there was no point in posting it for the reason you say!). Best bet is to register and then ask the question at which point I know that several people will pile in to help. TBH if you model narrow gauge it's the best of the British model railway forums for the subject, just like RMWeb covers general model railway interests.