IZA Cargowaggon twin van from Revolution Trains

97403_Ixion

• RMweb Gold

It looks like Rails of Sheffield have gone in with a big order of these so anyone that missed the deadline still has a chance to acquire some. It'll cost you though; a single wagon is £49.50 without a tail lamp or £55 with, and the triple packs are £149.50.

It looks like Rails of Sheffield have gone in with a big order of these so anyone that missed the deadline still has a chance to acquire some. It'll cost you though; a single wagon is £49.50 without a tail lamp or £55 with, and the triple packs are £149.50.

These are the prices being charged by the retailers who are stocking Revolution Trains, such as Rails and C&M.They are higher than you would pay if you dealt direct with Revolution, but it gives you the option to spread the cost, C&M give you the option to pay when the items are ready for sending out. Also to consider is the extra level of profit, we shops don't make these models available for no monetary benefit for us.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

These are the prices being charged by the retailers who are stocking Revolution Trains, such as Rails and C&M.They are higher than you would pay if you dealt direct with Revolution, but it gives you the option to spread the cost, C&M give you the option to pay when the items are ready for sending out. Also to consider is the extra level of profit, we shops don't make these models available for no monetary benefit for us.

No criticism of you, Rails, Kernow or any other retailer involved intended. I'm sure the speed with which this model reached viability is in no small part down to retailers having faith in the project and investing. I just hadn’t realised that so many retailers were on board with this one. Anything that helps gets new N products to market is good.

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds like quite a Bargain, in comparison to what Kernow want for an "OO" version.  

• RMweb Premium

I must admit I winced slightly at the OO gauge prices! I wonder (and I don't expect an answer) if it's because the bigger market will weather a higher price, or because production costs are that much higher.

I must admit I winced slightly at the OO gauge prices! I wonder (and I don't expect an answer) if it's because the bigger market will weather a higher price, or because production costs are that much higher.

……….and there is a dealer margin in there too.

Perhaps its a combination of things, including whether there is that much of a market.  Easy to buy lots of short steam era goods wagons, but a modern good wagon with its length starts to cause issues in OO that don't always exist in N.

Also need to consider the time frame involved and what may happen between now and then - not just obvious things but even how the current trade war over steel will play out - and with a full payment up front discount less/no ability to put through a price increase.

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure the speed with which this model reached viability is in no small part down to retailers having faith in the project and investing.

Hi all,

Just for clarity, while we welcome retailer orders (and encourage them to add a fair margin to reflect the service they are offering to those who missed out or prevaricated and to reward their decision to support the project) it was 100% crowdfunder commitment that got this wagon to production.

We only contacted retailers to see if they were interested in ordering some models shortly before we closed the order book.

Having said that, each project is dealt with on its own merits and in other cases retailer support may well be needed.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Just for clarity, while we welcome retailer orders (and encourage them to add a fair margin to reflect the service they are offering to those who missed out or prevaricated and to reward their decision to support the project) it was 100% crowdfunder commitment that got this wagon to production.

We only contacted retailers to see if they were interested in ordering some models shortly before we closed the order book.

Having said that, each project is dealt with on its own merits and in other cases retailer support may well be needed.

Cheers

Ben A.

Thanks for explaining that, Ben. It just goes to show how little any of us really know about what's going on behind the scenes. As this project seemed to reach viability very quickly, and then a number of retailers appeared to be on board too, I put two and two together and clearly came up with five. It is very cheering to know that the project got to the viability stage by crowdfunding alone.

• 2 months later...

Email today to say the Cargowaggons are on the high seas....not long to wait now.

Not so much on the high seas - but on a plane - they are in the country and should be with Revolution tomorrow according to post from Mike of the N Gauge forum

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just to add to Paul's comments above, I've had mine out this morning and concur with everything he says. Congratulations to RevolutioN yet again. 

Superb wagons in every respect, and with some mighty fine detail & printing. 

I just need to find a use for them now.......

post-1467-0-50107700-1537009526_thumb.jpg

post-1467-0-48886000-1537009532_thumb.jpg

Tom. 

• Like 10