IZA Cargowaggon twin van from Revolution Trains

97403_Ixion

Hi Mike and Ben,

Seeing the underneath of the pair in the photos above and the drawings on your website it looks as if the expanding coupling pockets are the same at both ends of each wagon. Would it be possible to make a coupling like the mid coupling to permanently couple pairs into longer fixed rakes? Presumably the mid coupling would be too short as there are no buffers but a slightly longer one could be made at the right length to go between pairs?

Dave

Hi Mike and Ben,

Seeing the underneath of the pair in the photos above and the drawings on your website it looks as if the expanding coupling pockets are the same at both ends of each wagon. Would it be possible to make a coupling like the mid coupling to permanently couple pairs into longer fixed rakes? Presumably the mid coupling would be too short as there are no buffers but a slightly longer one could be made at the right length to go between pairs?

Dave

Like the Bachmann intermodal coupling bar? Tilling do a similar thing for european stock.

Like the Bachmann intermodal coupling bar? Tilling do a similar thing for european stock.

Exactly that.

Just gone looking for Tillig but they don't go down to N gauge. However, while looking on DM-Toys for Tillig I found some own brand couplers for NEM pockets in two types; one a plain bar and the other with a hose hanging underneath. They are very expensive though. Would be nice if Revolution had something in mind based on the  intermediate coupler.

Dave

• Like 1

There are loads of NEM compatible bar couplers on Shapeways.

These are just two examples of many.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/FPXVQ7ZKW/nem-coupler-farish-small-pips?optionId=41504761&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LE8R794DR/n-scale-nem-fixed-bar-couplings-3-5-5-7mm

Edited by mikeharvey22

• RMweb Gold

Would it be possible to make a coupling like the mid coupling to permanently couple pairs into longer fixed rakes?

Dave

Hi Dave,

In theory it would, but there would probably need to be a variety of lengths, plus we are trying to avoid getting into accessories as it would be something else that needs managing.

I think the 3D print options look interesting, provided the material is robust enough.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Exactly that.

Just gone looking for Tillig but they don't go down to N gauge. However, while looking on DM-Toys for Tillig I found some own brand couplers for NEM pockets in two types; one a plain bar and the other with a hose hanging underneath. They are very expensive though. Would be nice if Revolution had something in mind based on the  intermediate coupler.

Dave

Now I read somewhere that TIllig 08827 works for N gauge, can't find where though, Think is was for use on Fleischmann and hobby train N Gauge european

Hi Dave,

In theory it would, but there would probably need to be a variety of lengths, plus we are trying to avoid getting into accessories as it would be something else that needs managing.

I think the 3D print options look interesting, provided the material is robust enough.

Cheers

Ben A.

Thanks for the message Ben,

Interesting that the Tilling TT may have used the N gauge NEM standard. I'll give the Shapeways options a go on some other rakes - I was assuming that the fine prints might not be up to pressing into a pocket but strong and flexible might do it! I hadn't seen either of those couplers on Shapeways before but I think that's down to their search options being pants!

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Merry Xmas - see festive message from Revolution here https://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/ with a some IZA news!  

But there are no rumours coming from us about a 4mm IZA...

Next week I'll be posting a Revolution Round up of 2017, and looking ahead to how we *hope* things will pan out in 2018!!

Thanks to everyone who has supported us this year.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Hi Ben,

I'm pretty certain that it was in Rail Express magazine a few months ago that I read you would consider a 4mm scale version of the IZA Cargowagon twin if there was sufficient demand. I may be wrong but could you confirm either way please?

I'm certain that if the finished wagons are as good as the samples in this months Rail Express then they will be a huge sucsuss in either scale.

All the best

David

Edited by Zippyrascal

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben,

I'm pretty certain that it was in Rail Express magazine a few months ago that I read you would consider a 4mm scale version of the IZA Cargowagon twin if there was sufficient demand. I may be wrong but could you confirm either way please?

All the best

David

Hi David,

We will certainly consider it, but nothing is definite at this time.

Our focus is on delivering the 00 TEA tankers currently in production.

Happy New Year to all!

Cheers

Ben A.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Painted samples of the IZA twins in N have arrived.

post-420-0-33619400-1517494762_thumb.jpg

For more information and images see the Revolution News page http://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

There are a couple of small corrections needed but nothing major. We anticipate these models will be going into production after Chinese New Year, so will probably be closing the order book fairly soon. If you are interested please don't miss out.

One last thing - the wheels are the correct size and pattern but will be blackened on production models.

Cheers

Ben A,

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 16

Hi Gang;

Been consolidating my order book with Revolution.....I have a fair pile of stock on order!!

However, having seen the stunning IZA in the (pre-production) finish...I must say that it is incredibly tempting to add another few to my existing order.

Later;

Stu from EGDL

Edited by Stu from EGDL
  • Like 1

I was pretty sure I had ordered one of these, but I logged in and it turned out that I hadn't. Two single packs ordered in the original and revised livery variants now :)

When I logged in to trawl through previous orders I noticed a pending invoice for the class 92. I don't recall ever getting a notification that it was due! I think its fully paid now though. Its certainly less than obvious to navigate this invoicing\payment system ... I fear you could end up loosing a significant number of orders when people simply don't know to make a second or third payment. What happens to the initial payments if someone never logs in again?

J

• RMweb Gold

We will remind people manually if necessary that they still have a balance when the models arrive, but ultimately if no further payment is received then we will refund any part payment.

To be honest, the part payment system is far from ideal and I would rather do away with it completely - invoicing and orders causes us more manual intervention than we would like.

However we recognise that it allows people to spread the costs of upfront payments.  I've spent a considerable amount of time looking for better alternatives without any joy, so at the moment it is what we have (or nothing) for part payments.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Premium

We will remind people manually if necessary that they still have a balance when the models arrive, but ultimately if no further payment is received then we will refund any part payment.

To be honest, the part payment system is far from ideal and I would rather do away with it completely - invoicing and orders causes us more manual intervention than we would like.

However we recognise that it allows people to spread the costs of upfront payments.  I've spent a considerable amount of time looking for better alternatives without any joy, so at the moment it is what we have (or nothing) for part payments.

Cheers, Mike

Hi 

Is the third payment on the 92 due then?

I haven't had an email but that is probably because it was sent up with my old email address (EE) which is no longer available.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by PaulCheffus

Just placed an order for a triple pack this morning, should look pretty smart forming part of an Enterprise working with a class 92 at the head running through Dallam. Think they may need weathering up though which will seem a shame to cover all the nice lettering.

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 1