TVNAM 2017

In the mean time, I'm going to work on my N scale micro layout to get that finished for any exhibitions that might want/need it.

There's this highly modellable town in Louisiana that you might want to consider... ;-)

Well, after a bit of negotiating, I can confirm myself and a mate wil be making the trip west. Feel free to introduce yourself, fairly certain i'll be in my Zanardi cap again.

That's what I like to hear - the more the merrier! :imsohappy:

With a week to go, I can confirm both VIP alco S2's will be in working order, after being serviced by the maintenance crews, they've assured me they'll run all day, as long as they are kept fuelled up!!!!

Ray

Cool, nice to see your pic in MRH #86 btw :)

• RMweb Gold

Whilst anywhere in the Trent Valley is too far for me as an out and back in day attendance one failing in this thread is that nowhere I could spot actually says where it is being held. A first timer would not have a clue where the usual venue is, even Trent Valley is vague given the length of the river. It took me a while to even find that TV meant Trent not Thames.

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold

I might as well give up modelling and start collecting stamps. :O

It is really great modelling but you should be inspired not encouraged to give up, (Hoping you post was tongue in cheek). I always think the analogy is with a village/parks league footballer or cricketer. You know  by your teens you will never be good enough to play pro' league but still keep trying to get better and still find enjoyment playing at your own standard on a weekend.

This is the 8th show and so I suppose I was guilty of assuming (yes, I know...!) that people knew where it was.

I can only suggest that anybody who needs any more info visit the website - www.tvnam.co.uk - where you should find all you need to know.

• Like 1

Dear Mike,

Having made the trek last year from Lands DownUnder, I exhort anyone else "not local to the area" to make a point of getting oneself there if at all possible.

It may not be the biggest "model railway exhibition" by floor area in the UK,

but it is certainly one of the best for modelling-level presented, crowd<>exhibitor interaction, and all-round "having a great time with fellow modellers" event... :-)

...and for those who _are_ "local" (within, say, 60 mile radii of Trent Valley),

or even just on the United Kingdom landmass, no excuses!

Happy Modelling,

Aim to get to TVNAM,

Prof Klyzlr

Hopefully one day Professor. It  would have also been great to see Brooklyn 3AM since I grew up and lived in the Sunset Park area of Brooklyn. I was in walking distance of Bush Terminal (I grew Up a block and a half from the Brooklyn Army Terminal-Bon Voyage Elvis).

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

John - it is probably a case of most know from the previous shows - but it is held in Armitage with Handsacre Village Hall Shropshire Brook Rd Armitage Staffs WS15 4UZ

Sadly having just checked this out on the AA route planner four hours minimum of driving each way (plus inevitable stops/weekend traffic delays) to/from the bottom of Dorset puts it over my out and back driving limit for a day trip. Is it annual or does it miss alternate years like MOMING? If annual will try to plan it into a weekend break next year as I am about to build a basic n-gauge US layout to try out some scenic techniques and using some locos I originally bought to convert to O9 plus some odds/sods of trucks/coaches. I found some video of the Boone & Scenic Valley RR (and others) mixing steam and diesel so my idea isn't totally un-prototypical.

Edited by john new

Sadly having just checked this out on the AA route planner four hours minimum of driving each way (plus inevitable stops/weekend traffic delays) to/from the bottom of Dorset puts it over my out and back driving limit for a day trip. Is it annual or does it miss alternate years like MOMING? If annual will try to plan it into a weekend break next year as I am about to build a basic n-gauge US layout to try out some scenic techniques and using some locos I originally bought to convert to O9 plus some odds/sods of trucks/coaches. I found some video of the Boone & Scenic Valley RR (and others) mixing steam and diesel so my idea isn't totally un-prototypical.

John - it is a seven and a half hour drive (minimum) from me, living north of Inverness,(virtually a thousand mile round trip, and definitely a weekend away) and I have done it twice - but sadly has now reached the point of being too far for my advanced age - however it is well worth a visit and meet some great people and see some great layouts

• Like 2

John - it is a seven and a half hour drive (minimum) from me, living north of Inverness,(virtually a thousand mile round trip, and definitely a weekend away) and I have done it twice - but sadly has now reached the point of being too far for my advanced age - however it is well worth a visit and meet some great people and see some great layouts

And I can't believe we've still not met Jack, after all these years corresponding now via MTI and Carl's site and now here. Maybe we should set up a video link at TVNAM - a live webstream for all those too far away to join :-)

• Like 1