Vehicle for picking up scrap metal

rushdenx1

I have a OO Gauge Layout which has scrap metal yard.  I am looking for a suitable model vehicle that would depict taking scrap metal out of SSA wagons either by grab or magnet into the yard or vice versa.

Can anyone suggest where I can buy a suitable vehicle in the right HO/OO scale.  Any help appreciated Kevin. 

I have a OO Gauge Layout which has scrap metal yard.  I am looking for a suitable model vehicle that would depict taking scrap metal out of SSA wagons either by grab or magnet into the yard or vice versa.

Can anyone suggest where I can buy a suitable vehicle in the right HO/OO scale.  Any help appreciated Kevin.

Try looking at the Kibri kits, lots of cranes there

• 10 months later...

A bit late, perhaps, but the Coles crane as modelled by Trackside were often to be found working in scrapyards until quite recently. Another thing - to avoid frequent punctures, many scrapyard cranes and forklifts are fitted with solid tyres, or have steel guard rings fitted to the rims to protect pneumatics from sidewall damage and to lessen the de-stabilising effect of a sudden blowout.