Marklin Maxi, tinplate in the garden!

At the open house at RLD hobbies, my wife bought some second hand Marklin Maxi items.  She got the pair of Union Pacific F7s that I am repainting into Chessie System colors.  I also removed the digital board and replaced it with a battery pack and a toggle switch for now.  It will get RC control once I remember where I put everything to do that.  It was between the Maxi F units and the LGB version.  The LGB looks better, but its sooo much larger and would have clearance issues on our small layout.  Where as the Maxi fits quite nicely.  She also got 2 of the UP passenger coaches, UP Caboose and a Western Pacific box car.  All the UP items will get redone into Chessie system.   So far the F unit has run nearly 3 hours on the battery that saw several hours of use at the open house running my LGB Stainz, and still has not needed recharging. Maxi to me was a strange 10 year experiment, designed by the gentleman that went on to start up ETS model train in the Czech Republic.  They were a mix of prewar tinplate an modern era digital control and can motors.  They have a charm unique to them and thier glossy paint makes them really look good under the Christmas tree.   Mike and Michele T

20170605_162118_zpsog4ktic1.jpeg

20170605_162145_zpsaja3ixre.jpeg

• Like 2