Model vans and trucks you wish you could buy but cant!

Busstopprints

An obscure wish, but planning ahead for the layout project I always wanted, a Crosville Seddon Pennine Dual Purpose single decker, or in Crosville speak, an "EPG", in 4mm scale.

Cotswold did a half decent kit some years ago which with a little effort could be turned into a pretty good model. They regularly turn up second hand, I've seen them on stands at toy fairs, exhibitions and on a certain on-line auction site.

Has anyone seen a HO (or 00) scale Landrkver Defender 90 with a metal back that has windows and the small windows in the roof? Ideally painted blue but I can sort that bit myself :)

Has anyone seen a HO (or 00) scale Landrkver Defender 90 with a metal back that has windows and the small windows in the roof? Ideally painted blue but I can sort that bit myself :)

oxford diecast-76LRDF009AU

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/by-scale/products/land-rover-defender-90-station-wagon-corris-grey-autobiography-76lrdf009au

Edited by javlinfaw7

• 2 weeks later...

I've entertained thoughts of converting a JB Models (latterly Airfix) Land Rover into an Austin Gypsy. Given the amount of 1/76 Land Rover varieties available R-T-R and in kit form, I'm surprised no manufacturer has yet produced a Gypsy - or for that matter, a Mini-Moke.

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone do a Bedford TK in N scale?  Kit or RTR would do.

This is the PG models cab married to a modified BT models box van chassis and enlarged body. This will gain some Harrods logos eventually.

gallery_681_2306_13621.jpg

And whilst being worked on.....I changed my mind what it represent hence the change of colour.

gallery_681_2306_46065.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

How about an established model like the Bedford TK  truck in an NCL/ national carriers livery ?

They were everywhere in the 1970's yet you can't pick up a single vehicle !

Not sure NCL had many TKs, others would know better, but the Bedford’s I remember with NCL we’re TJs with coachbuilt parcel van bodies. The tractor units were Karrier and Ford D series.

BRS Parcels/ Roadline had TKs and have both been available from EFE in the past.

• Like 1

An N gauge 1950s milk float (prefferably one that United Dairies could have used). Doesn't even need to be RTP, I would be quite happy with a kit but I cannot find anything earlier than the late 60s (and that is questionable). One of these would do nicely.

780CHX1.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have been looking for ages and just after posting, I stumbled across this!

http://www.osbornsmodels.com/arch-laser-a3d0001-n-gauge-ncb-milk-float-no-doors-unpainted-43433-p.asp

milkfloat.png

You beat me too it, I was going point you towards these at Osbournes. Grahame Hedges has one shown on a thread somewhere, I think on the 3D printed cars....
  • Like 1