Collie Lane, OO gauge.

The station looks great.

Thanks Andyram, I have added a lamp, a timetable and a poster of a local location to us.

I have also weathered the halt a bit, here is a photo of work so far:

post-9096-0-28017300-1503853449_thumb.jpg

I'm going to add the bridge/s next and do the ballasting.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 5

Thanks Everyone for your kind comments etc.

A nice bit of detailing there Jerry. The question is - what are you going to do between the back of the halt and the back scene??

I have a few ideas, I will post a photo of work soon.

More soon.

Jerry.

Monks Bar is an awesome shop. Love a visit to there if I'm in York.

Layout looks excellent and the extension is starting off well.

Hope you're well and the hospital visit went well.

Thanks Cris.

Yeah, it's a good model shop, the hospital visit went ok thanks too.

I have added a road with hedges either side and I'm going to put in a level crossing ( ungated ) and I have started on a field by laying down some static grass, not everything is stuck down yet, swmbo was feeling ill so I didn't manage to do everything I wanted.

Here is a photo of work so far:

post-9096-0-20656300-1504201520_thumb.jpg

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 7

Thanks booking hall for your reply, I was trying to go for the middle of nowhere country type look.

I have been busy today but I did manage a small bit of modelling, I added a small car park and more hedging, I will post a photo tomorrow when glue has dried.

Jerry.

Hi Everyone.

I have done quite a bit to the layout since my last post, I made a car park, planted a tree, put down some more hedging and a few other bits and bobs.

Here is a photo of work so far:

post-9096-0-03111900-1504436220_thumb.jpg

Just got to finish ballasting the track and adding details etc.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 5

Hi Everyone.

I have finished all the ballasting now and started on adding the final details.

With this module nearing completion my thoughts are turning to the final module, this will include a hidden fiddle yard and be slightly larger than the other two modules.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the final one yet ( any ideas ) but it will be a Y point with one spur being a fiddle yard ( hidden ) and the other I'm not sure what to do with yet.

More soon.

Jerry.

[quote name="Jerry1975" post="2843125" timestamp="15

Not sure what I'm going to do with the final one yet ( any ideas ) but it will be a Y point with one spur being a fiddle yard ( hidden ) and the other I'm not sure what to do with yet.

More soon.

Jerry.

How about the Y point leading under a double arched road bridge, with the left spur running on to a small (canal?) wharf, maybe cobbled if you have the patience, a low relief warehouse hiding the fiddle yard? The halt module is looking good!

Hi Everyone.

I just couldn't resist showing you all my latest purchase on the layout.

It's a lima railcar acquired for a very good price, here is a photo:

post-9096-0-81590500-1504882426_thumb.jpg

I have done a few more things to the layout too, adding fences at level crossing, added a tree too.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 3

Did you build the platform build to it sizes of the car ? Or is it along  the size of your layout.

I like the way you build and give me the inspiration for me in the future.

Greets Alex

Thank you Alex, very kind of you. The platform is very slightly shorter than the railcar and is the size as it comes in the kit, I am glad you like the layout and it has given you inspiration for the future.

Hi Jerry I love this little layout and the Lima railcar is a great purchase.

Thanks J50.

The railcar runs quite nice, and looks good running through the layout, I put fiddle yards both ends and ran it through.

Here is a photo as it looks as of tonight:

post-9096-0-77079500-1504989867_thumb.jpg

I changed the trees for these ones and I think it looks better.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Everyone.

My brother who has a learning disability came over today and he loves model trains so I set up module 2 with fiddle yards either side and we enjoyed running trains for an hour, the layout ran well and this got me thinking about what to do with module 3, I like the idea of a engine shed at the moment.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone.

Well a start has been made on module 3 today, I've been building the baseboard out of foamboard this morning.

This module is going to be a canal wharf ( thanks Huggy for the idea ).

I have never modelled one before so this should be interesting, it's just going to one siding for loading / unloading wagons and a barge will be modelled with cargo or maybe covered holds.

At the back there will be some sort of warehouse and the the whole scene will be cobbled.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone.

Not much progress done on the layout but I have been fixing a lima steam loco, it runs ok but not as good as I'd like but it is 25+ years old I guess.

I also bought a second hand wagon today for £3 it's a Royal daylight Hornby tank wagon so it will be running on the layout soon.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone.

Not much progress done on the layout but I have been fixing a lima steam loco, it runs ok but not as good as I'd like but it is 25+ years old I guess.

I also bought a second hand wagon today for £3 it's a Royal daylight Hornby tank wagon so it will be running on the layout soon.

More soon.

Jerry.

Did you get the wagon from Locomotion at Shildon by any chance Jerry?  We were up at Whitley Bay for a week (just got back) and I had a rummage through a box there on Saturday that had a bunch of £3 wagons in, but ending up spending my cash on a bunch of tools/adhesives/ paint etc with Squires - who come from even further south than I do! :D   Great to get some northern hospitality everywhere we went on a very wet and windy week though!  Glad my wharf suggestion may be of use. TTFN

• Like 1

Hi Huggy.

I didn't get the wagon at Shildon, I got it at a shop near us that sells, Lego, collectable toys etc and they have some second hand locomotives and wagons.

I have built the backscene for the layout and will post a photo tomorrow.

More soon.

Jerry.

I went in for a look and came out with the wagon.

I'm building a layout with my wife so I will be doing this one and that one, a bit here and a bit there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your kind words Jim.

Yeah I quite like foamboard for small projects as it's very easy to cut and can be made pretty strong with good bracing underneath.

I am rethinking the last module but due to a accident in my car I am putting off work on layouts for a week or so as I need to source parts.

It's been a horrid week.

I hope the layout may inspire others to have a go.

Jerry.