Colour Light Signalling for Model Railways (Out Now)

St. Simon

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Bucoops said:

I'm certainly watching with interest :)

Having had a look through a proof a little while back all I would say is that if you're interested in any way in contemporary colour light signalling you'd be a mug not to buy it because Simon has done a  good job and the illustrations are very well thought out and drawn (some of the photos are good too :D  - well to be fair to Simon they're all good actually).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Whilst my interest is actually in early colour light signalling, I think it would still serve a purpose (and of course the best way to support people doing projects like this is to buy the resulting publication).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Having had a look through a proof a little while back all I would say is that if you're interested in any way in contemporary colour light signalling you'd be a mug not to buy it because Simon has done a  good job and the illustrations are very well thought out and drawn (some of the photos are good too :D  - well to be fair to Simon they're all good actually).

Thank you Mike, it is very kind of you to say, I hope it looks as good in print

5 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Whilst my interest is actually in early colour light signalling, I think it would still serve a purpose (and of course the best way to support people doing projects like this is to buy the resulting publication).

There is some information (okay, a few pages) on early colour light signalling, both in terms of use and history.

Regards,

Simon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Progress is being made with the book, I sent back the proofs last week for fairly minor corrections.

I've got to say Crowood really have done a good job with it and it looks great (even though I've only seen it in B&W!), I can't wait for you guys to see it, I'm really pleased with it.

Also, slightly off topic, I've signed a contract for a second book, modelling the privatised railway, which will be published during 2021.

Regards,

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

More book news, there's a couple of tweaks to do, but it is due to go to print quite soon and I have been informed by the publishers that it is now available to Pre-Order on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Light-Signalling-Model-Railways/dp/1785006258/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=simon+paley&qid=1559821204&s=books&sr=1-1

(We aren't sure why the Cover Image isn't showing as they do have it!)

Just be aware that the publication date (23rd September) may change, but it should be somewhere around that date!

Also, thank you to all the people that come and asked about the book at DEMU Showcase whilst I had Norwood Road there, it was very nice to get some positive remarks on this adventure!

Simon

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

As promised, an updated on progress.

I've had word from Crowood that there has been a slight delay and they are now looking at Mid-October Delivery, so I would guess that last couple of weeks of October will see the book released.

I hope everyone who has pre-ordered is willing to wait a few extra weeks!

Regards,

Simon

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just to let you know I have been given a revised publication date of 23rd October 2019.

You can pre-order it on several websites, including WHSmith.

I'm sorry that it is late, there were some delays at the Printers, but the wait will be worth it I think. There is an advance copy on it's way to me, and when I get it on Thursday I'll post a couple of teaser shots of it!

Regards,

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 2

Hi,

My advance copy arrived today and all I can say is wow, it looks fantastic, I'm really pleased with the way it came out and the job that Crowood have done. I hope that if you have ordered the book, you are just as happy with it as I am!

As promised, some  sneak peak pictures:

IMG_0624.JPG.dc0e2f088af64a5f2e7303fd67269493.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG.010c918f48e8f8f60b382570678a3d78.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG.34ca222f7b21c59d0d32b5deef708063.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG.a10af787dda3af04d94aa0e6cc036eab.JPG

Apologies, they were taken on my phone on my work bench, so the colours don't seem to have come out well, but hopefully it shows what you can expect.

Remember, it will be released on the 23rd October 2019.

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

4 hours ago, njee20 said:

Ordered! Looking forward to it, well done on getting it over the line.

Nick

Thanks Nick!

I know there's only three 'ordered' comments on this thread, but even this is amazing, I never honestly believed that I would get as much support or encouragement as I have.

Thanks to all on here!

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi All,

Just had some further good news from the Publishers, it seems that the publication date has been brought forward to the 18th October, so next Friday.

I will also have my advance copy and some flyers on my layout Norwood Road at the Great Electric Train Show this weekend if you wish to have a closer look.

Regards,

Simon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, St. Simon said:

Hi All,

Just had some further good news from the Publishers, it seems that the publication date has been brought forward to the 18th October, so next Friday.

I will also have my advance copy and some flyers on my layout Norwood Road at the Great Electric Train Show this weekend if you wish to have a closer look.

Regards,

Simon

Good news Simon.  And I understand there has also been some good news - meriting congratulations - on the day job front as well.  So congrats on that too.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Ordered my copy too Simon.  

It's looking very good and I would say pretty much a 'must buy' for anyone seeking accuracy with their modelling and operation of colour light signalling to supplement local observation of the prototype.  

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

The stock has now been released from the Crowood Warehouse, so those of you who have pre-ordered the book should start receiving them during this week.

Please let me know if you have received your copy!

Regards,

Simon