Shipley Exhibition September 16th & 17th 2017

Chris-GNR

I presume you filled in the visitor questionnaire before leaving. Speaking for myself, I thought there was a very good range of layouts and some inspirational modelling on view.

What questionnaire?

Having dropped my son back at Manchester Uni, I decide to call in at the Shipley show on my way back north. I arrived just before 2pm, this afternoon and there were no guides/questionnaires offered when I purchased my entrance ticket.

I am leaning towards Snapper's point of view, though there were a good range of layouts, it would have been nice to see some trains running. With the exception of Faringdon and the 2mm layout opposite, which work continuously everytime I went back, most of the other layouts had very little running, if anything. I appreciate it will have been a long weekend, but if a show is open until 4:30, I feel it is not appropriate to let visitors watch exhibitors begin to put pack away stock at 3:00.

It has been much better in the past

Mike Wiltshire

. I appreciate it will have been a long weekend, but if a show is open until 4:30, I feel it is not appropriate to let visitors watch exhibitors begin to put pack away stock at 3:00.

Mike Wiltshire

At least get your facts correct before slinging the arrows - the show closed at 4:00 pm.

For what its worth the show offered a good solid offering of decent layouts as always. OK the trade may not have been what it used to be but bear in mind that the club are coming back after a year in which they were forced out of their home by flood damage and couldn't run a show last year. That has a severe knock on effect for the exhibition, particularly as far as trade goes. I ask myself at this point whats more important for people - spending money or looking a good layouts - if the former then indeed that is the mark of a shallow individual. There wasnt much padding here in layout terms as far as I could see.

Edited by Persephone

At least get your facts correct before slinging the arrows - the show closed at 4:00 pm.

For what its worth the show offered a good solid offering of decent layouts as always. OK the trade may not have been what it used to be but bear in mind that the club are coming back after a year in which they were forced out of their home by flood damage and couldn't run a show last year. That has a severe knock on effect for the exhibition, particularly as far as trade goes. I ask myself at this point whats more important for people - spending money or looking a good layouts - if the former then indeed that is the mark of a shallow individual. There wasnt much padding here in layout terms as far as I could see.

I stand corrected at 4:00pm. I stand my ground in that there was not much activity apart from the two mentioned.

Mike Wiltshire