Shipley Exhibition September 16th & 17th 2017

Chris-GNR

We're Back!!!

After having to cancel our 2016 exhibition because of uncertainty about access to the venue & our club rooms due to damage caused by the 2015 Boxing Day floods. We are excited & pleased to announce the details for our September 2017 exhibition.

Shipley Model Railway Society

39th Annual

Model Railway Exhibition

​Baildon Recreation Centre, Shipley

16th & 17th September 2017

http://www.shipleymrs.org.uk/exhibition15.php

Saturday 10am-5pm Sunday 10am-4pm

Adults £6.50 inc FREE Program

Unaccompanied Under 16s £3

Accompanied Children FREE

Already confirmed to appear at this years show are:

Layouts

Beckindale OO - Late 1950's BR

Block yard OO - Coastal Engineering

Burnard's Drift OO - Industrial

Canalside Ironworks 9mm Gauge - Ironworks

Clayton EM - (under construction)

Dettingen HO - 1970's Germany

Farringdon P4 - GWR/BR Transition

Glaisden EM - 1960's Calder Valley

Low Wharf 009 - 1950's Mineral

Millsbridge 2FS/N - 4 Track Main Line

Private Owner Wagons O - Forest of Dean wagons

St James O - 1960's BR (WR)

The Mill EM

Summer Days OO (Have a go Thomas themed layout)

Scar Ghyll OO - under construction

2mm Association Stand

2mm Demonstration

Trade

ABC Model Railways

Book Law Publications

DigiTrains DCC

Direct Train Spares

Elmet Images

Frizinghall Models & Railways

Millenium Models

Milnsbridge Models

Real Sounds

Sankey Scenics

Ten Commandments

Todmorden Model Supplies

SMRS Sales Stand

As always there will be Refreshments, Free Parking & a Great Atmosphere.

I'll update this post with links to traders websites & photos of layouts in the coming days.

Cheers for now.

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We're Back!!!

After having to cancel our 2016 exhibition because of uncertainty about access to the venue & our club rooms due to damage caused by the 2015 Boxing Day floods. We are excited & pleased to announce the details for our September 2017 exhibition.

Shipley Model Railway Society

39th Annual

Model Railway Exhibition

​Basildon   Baildon Recreation Centre, Shipley

16th & 17th September 2017

Cheers for now.

Chris

I'm sure 'spell chucker' has been at work, and of course local visitors will know the venue, but I'm sure the post should refer to Baildon rather than Basildon.   :yes:

• 1 month later...

Evening all...

Just a little reminder that the exhibition is this weekend.

Much busying about & preparation was underway last night at club to start getting things ready for setting up on friday.

I'll be splitting myself between The Mill & Clayton. We are all very much looking forward to the show after an unavoidable year off.

Please come & say hello & chat to any Shipley members & find out what we are up to as a club.

See you all at the weekend.

Cheers

Chris

What are the refreshments like? I can't remember there being any when I last came, but then I used to have dementia but now I just forget......

Evening Penrhos1920

Yes we have refreshments. On the first floor we have a decent amount of seating & a good selection of food & drink including sandwiches, hotdogs, pie & peas & homemade cakes & buns.

See you there...

Evening all..

All set up & ready for the weekend. Just waiting on a couple of traders & a layout who are setting up in the morning.

We have layouts & traders on all three floors so be sure to make your way round the whole show to get a good look at everything. Also be sure to have a look on the SMRS members sales stand on the top flood, some real bargains to be had!

A huge thanks to everyone who got stuck in today & helped with setting up for the weekend, especially the ones who aren't even able to attend the exhibition.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers

Chris

I find it sad to say this but having visited for at least 15 or so years I found the show today a shadow of it's former self. I will go no further but if any club member on here would like my thoughts I'd be happy to share them via PM as I don't want to discourage anyone from visiting. I do hope next year's show is a return to form as in the past Shipley has been an excellent show

I find it sad to say this but having visited for at least 15 or so years I found the show today a shadow of it's former self. I will go no further but if any club member on here would like my thoughts I'd be happy to share them via PM as I don't want to discourage anyone from visiting. I do hope next year's show is a return to form as in the past Shipley has been an excellent show

It makes me very sad & concerned that this is how you feel after your visit to the show today. So, as a member of the club I would invite you to PM me your more detailed comments as feed back that I can present & discuss with the exhibition team.

Many thanks

Chris

It makes me very sad & concerned that this is how you feel after your visit to the show today. So, as a member of the club I would invite you to PM me your more detailed comments as feed back that I can present & discuss with the exhibition team.

Many thanks

Chris

I presume you filled in the visitor questionnaire before leaving. Speaking for myself, I thought there was a very good range of layouts and some inspirational modelling on view.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

The show is well under way with a really good turn out of people.

A few pics for you,

attachicon.gifIMG_5509.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5505.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5512.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5513.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5511.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5514.JPG

Cheers for now.

Chris

From those photographs there looks a good standard of layout. This is a two day show and folks may still have decisions to make as to whether or not to attend. From RMweb we have some great shots fron Chris and now a damning comment 'shadow of its former self' but no clue as to what was wrong.

If Snapper didn't want to discourage anyone from visiting those comments should have been saved until Monday.

So, who else was there, visitors, exhibitors members of Shipley let's have some views.

I'm not coming, I was out at expo EM Autumn last week.

Andy

• Like 1

Looking forward to a second day at the show today, I'll do my best to post some more pics from around the show. Also i've a point motor to change on The Mill before we open & a bit of a shopping list that needs addressing.

See you all there.

Chris

I went yesterday, and thought the standard of layouts was excellent. I was though a little disappointed with the trade side of things, albeit that I came away with a couple of additions to my library from Booklaw - my main gripe would be that they were a little bit lacking in materials for the scratchbuilder.

I too visited yesterday. A nice selection of layouts with a good mix of scales and prototypes. Particularly enjoyed The Mill, Faringdon and Millsbridge, and it was interesting to see Clayton as a work in progress. I'd agree that the trade was a bit light in places (would have been nice to see someone selling rolling stock kits). I managed to get the one item on my shopping list plus a couple of impulse purchases.

I was amused to see that the council had repainted the walls of the main hall since the floods, but only up to the level the water reached! 

Andy

• RMweb Gold

We went yesterday and even Nicola thoroughly enjoyed it, especially, she has asked me to point out, the narrow gauge ironworks layout. Anyone who didn't enjoy the show must have a strange taste in layouts, I thought there was something for everyone.

Well, I thought the show was really good, especially the layouts. Show organisers should always welcome constructive criticism; but yours has been left open-ended, and, I think, should have been delivered in more detail after the show. After all, they can't do much to change the event after day one, can they?

Evening everyone.

Well thats it for another year.

A huge thank you to all of this years exhibitors, demonstrators & traders. Some really nice modelling on display this year.

Also a huge thank you to all our honorary SMRS members Friends, Family & Volunteers who help make the whole thing possible.

Once we've had chance to get all the info collated we should be able to see how the exhibition was on paper, but for me it felt like a great show with some really busy moments.

Thank you to everyone who attended the show we hope you enjoyed it, see you all next year.

Kind regards

Chris