Amiens 1918 - WW1 Trench Railway - 009 Exhibition Layout

SDJR7F88

A short video of Amiens 1918 in action at the Weston-Super-Mare Model Railway Exhibition, Sunday 12th January 2020. 
The show marked Amiens 1918's 2nd Anniversary on the exhibition circuit, and it's third visit to the Weston Show. Not only that, the layout won "Best in Show" for a second year in a row! 
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Amiens 1918 is going on another outing this coming Saturday (1st Feb), at the Sodbury Vale Model Railway Exhibition, Yate. 
Hope to see you there! 

St Mary's Church Hall, Church Road, Yate, South Gloucestershire BS37 5BG

IMG_20200112_160632-01.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Saturday 1st February 2020  the Sodbury Vale Model Railway Clubs annual Yate Model Railway Exhibition, held at St Mary's Church and Church Hall, Yate.
This years show saw no less than 13 layout on display in various scales, including my 009 Scale WW1 Trench Railway - Amiens 1918, as well as a good selection of demos, trade and societies. 
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

*** A Year Ago Today ***
17th - 18th August 2019 saw Hornby Hobbies open their doors to the public for their first Open Weekend, held at their headquarters in Margate.
The 2 day event Celebrated Hornby's return to Margate with the first official public viewing of the 1:1 Locomotive Collection, which is curated in parted of the old factory, along with a selection of layouts and displays, including my WW1 Trench Railway - "Amiens 1918" and my Hornby Micro Layout - "Winters End". The Hornby Team were also on hand at the event, greeting visitors, and displaying some of their latest products and projects, from the vast Hornby Hobbies range.  
In this video we take a look behind the scenes, documenting our time at the event, while displaying "Amiens 1918" - my WW1 Trench Railway and "Winters End" my Hornby Micro Layout. We also taking a closer look at the 1:1 Collection before the doors open to the general public, as well as some of the new and exciting models on the way from Hornby! 
Special thanks to Hornby for putting on such a great show, and looking after us over the event. 

• 2 months later...

With the recent house move to Devon, it's been a very busy past couple of months. However, with the house renovations nearing completion, I've finally managed to make a start on the most important room... The Railway Room! 
Despite being 8ft x 7ft I've got big plans for the room, with an integrated workbench for both my personal and Railway Modeller modelling projects , as well as plenty of shelving to maximise the space and storage. 
In this first update I give you a guided tour of the room, taking a look at the custom built workbench, baseboards and shelves, as well as discuses future plans for the room, including a little tease for a possible future layout...
I hope to bring you lots more updates on the progress of the layout over the coming weeks.
Let me know what you think...
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

24th - 25th October 2020 would have seen the Somerset Railway Modellers Club host their Annual Rail-Ex Taunton - Model Railway Exhibition at Taunton School, Taunton, Somerset. However, like many Model Railway Exhibition around this year, the event had to sadly be cancelled.
So to mark the occasion, I've picked some of my favourite layouts from previous years to create this special Rail-Ex Taunton - Model Railway Exhibition highlights video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges. 
All being well, the show hopes to return bigger and better than ever next year! 
Hope you enjoy!

• RMweb Premium

I think you might regret fitting spotlights in your workroom as they provide very patchy lighting. OK in a kitchen or bathroom though. I think you would be better off using an LED ceiling panel like this:

Example LED ceiling panel - not recommending this actual one as it was just from a quick Google search.

It will provide a much more even coverage.

Edited by Ian Morgan

5 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

I think you might regret fitting spotlights in your workroom as they provide very patchy lighting. OK in a kitchen or bathroom though. I think you would be better off using an LED ceiling panel like this:

Example LED ceiling panel - not recommending this actual one as it was just from a quick Google search.

It will provide a much more even coverage.

Ah, wish I could find some sooner! Just fitted them...

A short running session to mark Remembrance Sunday, and remember all those who have served and fallen, including the many brave men and women who served on the railways during times of conflict.  
To mark the occasion, I've put together this short running session featuring a number of clips of my 009 WW1 Trench Railway - Amiens 1918, as well as a slideshow featuring a selection of locomotives from my Railway Operating Division fleet. 
"At the going down of the Sun, we will Remember them".

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...

21st - 22nd November 2020 would have seen the Thornbury & South Gloucestershire Model Railway Club host their annual Model Railway Exhibition, at Thornbury, South Gloucester. However, like many Model Railway Exhibition around this year, the event had to sadly be cancelled. 
So to mark the occasion, I've picked some of my favourite layouts from previous years to create this special Wincanton Model Railway Exhibition highlights video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges.  
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sunday 17th January 2021 would of seen the annual Weston-Super-Mare Model Railway Show at the Campus, Worle, Somerset. The winter exhibition is one of my favourites shows of the year,  and proves to be more and more popular each year, with the event and show organiser Keith Price raising thousands for a good cause. Sadly in late 2020 Keith passed away after a long term illness. 
In memory of Keith, I've picked some of my favourite layouts from previous years to create this special Weston-Super-Mare - Model Railway Exhibition tribute video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges.  
All being well it is hoped a special memorial show will take place in January 2022. 
In memory of Keith Price

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Narrow Gauge Model Railway Exhibition
Over the years I've seen some amazing narrow gauge layouts on the exhibition circuit - these have inspired me to also get involved, building a number of my own 009 and G scale layouts. However, over the course of 2020 & 2021 shows like these and many other events had to sadly be cancelled. 
So, I've looked back through my archive and picked some of my favourite narrow gauge layouts I've seen from shows around the country, to create this special Narrow Gauge Model Railway Exhibition video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing narrow gauge model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges.  
Shows featured in this video include;
Mendip Model Railway Group - Finescale Exhibition 2017 
Bristol Model Railway Exhibition 2016 -2019
Lydney Model Railway Show 2019
West Camel Model Railway Exhibition 2016 - 2019
Due to the sheer volume of shows and layouts, I hope to bring future instalments feature more amazing model railways in the not to distant future.
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

March 2021 would had seen the Nailsea & District Model Railway Club host their annual Model Railway Exhibition, at Nailsea School, Somerset.
However, like many Model Railway Exhibition over the past year, the event had to sadly be cancelled. 
So to mark the occasion, I've picked some of my favourite layouts from previous years to create this Nailsea & District Model Railway Exhibition highlights video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges.  
Hope you enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

April 2021 would had seen the Bentley Model Railway Group host their annual TRAINWEST Model Railway Exhibition, Corsham, Wiltshire.
However, like many Model Railway Exhibition over the past year, the event had to sadly be postponed. 
So to mark the occasion, I've picked some of my favourite layouts from previous years to create this TRAINWEST Model Railway Exhibition highlights video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges.  
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

30th April - 2nd May 2021 would had seen the Bristol Model Railway Exhibition, at Thornbury Leisure Centre, Thornbury, South Gloucestershire.
However, like many Model Railway Exhibition over the past year, the event had to sadly be postponed. 
So to mark the occasion, I've picked some of my favourite layouts from previous years to create this Bristol Model Railway Exhibition highlights video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges.  
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May would normally see the Small & Delightful Railway Group host it's biennial Open Day & Exhibition at Compton Dundon Village Hall, Somerset.
So to mark the occasion, I've picked some of my favourite layouts from previous years to create this Small & Delightful Railway Model Railway Exhibition highlights video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing narrow gauge model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges.  
Hope you enjoy!