Amiens 1918 - WW1 Trench Railway - 009 Exhibition Layout

SDJR7F88

June would normally see the  Shepton & District Model Society host their Annual Mendip Model Railway Exhibition, at Doulting Village Hall, Somerset.
However, like many Model Railway Exhibition over the past year, the event had to sadly be postponed. 
So to mark the occasion, I've picked some of my favourite layouts from previous years to create this Mendip Model Railway Exhibition highlights video, showcasing a wide selection of amazing narrow gauge model railways, in a variety of scales and gauges.  
All being well, the show hopes to return bigger and better than ever next year!
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

A return to the front... 
Been a busy couple of days getting  Amiens 1918 - Tracks & Trenches ready for it biggest outing to date... The Warley National Model Railway Exhibition!
They layout and stock has been in storage since it's last outing in early 2020 (pre-Covid), and requires a fair amount of TLC in preparation for the show.
Over the past few couple of days, I've...
. Replaced the road backscene transition (which has perished)
. Repaired damaged trees and foliage 
. Cleaned and dusted scenery 
. Enhanced the paintwork on scenic details.
. Touched-up painted work on figures
. Checked track and wiring
. Cleaned track
. Serviced and cleaned locomotives 
. And finally a quick test run.
There's still lots more to do including cleaning the rolling stock, replacing the signage and checking the Hessian skirt still holds the layout, before finally packing away for the big weekend... At this stage I'm honestly don't know if I'm excited or anxious about the whole thing... Just so much to keep track of late.
Anyways, all being well we'll see you at  Warley 26th/27th November! 
#warleymodelrailwayexhibitionnec 

IMG_20221106_190218_983.jpg

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold

It's surprising how jobs build up over time when a layout is exhibited.

I found out when I began taking the layouts out and about this year. The initial thought of 'it's fine' rapidly turned to 'that needs doing and that needs doing, oh and that needs doing..............'

But, Amiens looks splendid, Callum. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

The big push...
Under a week to go until Amiens 1918 - Track & Trenches outing at the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition. 
In preparation, the layout has now travelled closer to the venue, to make loading and traveling slightly easier for the weekend.
Not all has gone to plan however, with car issues and forgetting to load certain items required for the event. Luckily this move was a trial run, so those missing items can be packed.
The layout with need to be cleaned upon arrival at the venue (something I normally do the day before the show), but due to time and overlay storage space. It's a risk, but will see how things go...

IMG_20221119_185358_440.jpg

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2