Thank you for the comments.

A new wall has been added to the front, this is not only a scenic feature but also because the tracks are close to the board edge, it is a bit safer.

post-31974-0-70063800-1507384295_thumb.jpg

Here are a few pictures from a running session on Drabford,

The new wall can be seen just before the capping stones were fitted.

post-31974-0-67635300-1507383626_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-81781400-1507383665_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-30137600-1507383721_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-56509700-1507383779_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-05212300-1507383838_thumb.jpg

The covered fiddle yard.  The board is not fitted yet as more work to be done on the walls.

post-31974-0-74275500-1507383891_thumb.jpg

Shaun.

Edited by Scooby71
  • Like 9

Covering the fiddle yard, using ply board. A road and low relief buildings are planned to be added soon.

post-31974-0-26201500-1507485998_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-54538800-1507486056_thumb.jpg

Removing the wash colour on the red brick area, leaving it in the mortar, its starting to look more colourful now.

post-31974-0-62896500-1507486128_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-50351200-1507486189_thumb.jpg

Shaun.

• Like 7

Hi Shaun, will you be having moving vehicles like the faller cars / Mimic motorways or just stationary like mine ?

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon, the vehicles will be stationary, I have bought a few 1980's era vehicles from the Oxford range. 

Thanks

Shaun.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Really liking the layout - the track plan is very interesting and provides a lot of moves in the relatively limited room you have.

I especially like the photos in post #53 above looking at the bay siding and platform from the throat. You've made the feel and look of the layout much better with the gentle curves - it could be done straight and/or parallel to the board edge and be no-where near as visually interesting.

Like the originality of the station building/goods shed too.

Might even nick some of your ideas if that's ok.

Looking forward to your updates.

Regards,

James

Edited by jamest

Hi,

Really liking the layout - the track plan is very interesting and provides a lot of moves in the relatively limited room you have.

I especially like the photos in post #53 above looking at the bay siding and platform from the throat. You've made the feel and look of the layout much better with the gentle curves - it could be done straight and/or parallel to the board edge and be no-where near as visually interesting.

Like the originality of the station building/goods shed too.

Might even nick some of your ideas if that's ok.

Looking forward to your updates.

Regards,

James

Hi James

Thanks for the good comments and glad you like.

I got my ideas and inspiration from looking at the real railway, taking bits of it that I liked and recreated them to suit the layout.

The track plan originated from Bradford Interchange, but this was too large, so I took parts of it and compressed it.

The large retaining wall idea also came from Bradford Interchange, but also the walls at Sheffield Midland with the red brick areas, and the tunnel portal.

The station building and shed is from Glossop, and the Clasp building from Nottingham.

The buildings I intend to make for the upper level will also come from real ones, but I am still looking for ideas there.

Shaun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi,

Nice job on the platform surfaces - and the retaining walls.

I use Scalescenes papers a lot, and for brickwork they are quite effective, but for surfaces like tarmac and concreate etc I think these types of methods have the edge - and you can 'form' the surface instead of having everything flat.

Really enjoying the build.

All the best,

James

• RMweb Premium

What a great layout thread. Very enjoyable watching it develop as things have progressed, and how 'right' it all looks with the different aspects blending together to produce that typical blue era look many of us will remember.

Will echo what has been said about the craftmanship.

Thank you for posting about it.

Izzy