Hi all, and thanks for the comments and likes.

Here are some pictures showing stages of the signal box construction and painting.

post-31974-0-96898200-1511468510_thumb.jpg

The chimney pipe is made from a cotton bud, and the finials are from Langley Models.

Roof tiles are cereal box card cut into strips.

post-31974-0-08586300-1511468326_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-30073000-1511468173_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-55211700-1511468594_thumb.jpg

The steps are Ratio and I have added extra rails

post-31974-0-34587200-1511468653_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-73673000-1511468773_thumb.jpg

I am currently working on the interior and will show pictures soon.

Thanks for looking

Shaun.

• Like 6

Hi,

Not a job I enjoy very much - but a necessary evil! - Its looking very neat, and at least you can attack it in small steps.

All the best,

James

Hi James

Thanks, I'm just doing a board at a time, and taking my time .

Shaun  

I'm alright at ballasting straights but ballasting points is just a night mare. Something id much rather not do.

I don't like ballasting, I'm going to do the end boards first, then the middle board , because that's got the points on

Shaun.

• Funny 1

Good choice.  I've used the same ballast as you - Woodlands Scenics, Medium, Grey blend on my latest three layouts and once weathered it looks superb!

Photo of London Road courtesy of Andy York/BRM

post-31973-0-29869200-1512088028_thumb.jpg

Good luck with the ballasting buddy!

Simon

Edited by Psiborg
  • Like 3

Good choice.  I've used the same ballast as you - Woodlands Scenics, Medium, Grey blend on my latest three layouts and once weathered it looks superb!

Good luck with the ballasting buddy!

Simon

Thanks Simon

That is the effect I am hoping to create. I will be weathering the ballast.

The ballasting is now completed on the first board.

post-31974-0-14193600-1512259843_thumb.jpg

Shaun.

• Like 4

Hi to all, 

I bought this ferry van a while ago and just got round to removing the tension lock coupling and replacing with Kadees.

Also filled in the clip holes on the ends, removed the circle roof moulding and added some light weathering.

post-31974-0-36017300-1513037488_thumb.jpg

post-31974-0-44776300-1513037553_thumb.jpg

Shaun.

Edited by Scooby71
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I've seen a version in my local shop with the "Through to the continent...." daubed thro with black paint.

But I use kadees too and having converted some older tension locks like these, without the NEM socket, I try to avoid it if I can. But the lure of having the wagon might be too much!

All the best,

James

Hi,

I've seen a version in my local shop with the "Through to the continent...." daubed thro with black paint.

But I use kadees too and having converted some older tension locks like these, without the NEM socket, I try to avoid it if I can. But the lure of having the wagon might be too much!

All the best,

James

Even the latest versions are tension lock, that was putting me off buying a new one. 

As for the livery, I wanted the version with the "Through to the continent" on it.

The versions with it blacked out, I have seen photographs after 1983 being used as barrier wagons.

Is that a layout.... looks real!

Thanks

It is one of the photos, taken by Andy York, of my London Road layout click here which was used in the May 2015 issue of BRM

It has appeared at several exhibition with Shaun on the operating crew.  It as since been sold, but a return to the exhibition circuit is being planned by the new owner with me and Shaun on the crew!

Cheers

Simon

(ps: sorry to steal your thread Shaun!  :crazy: )

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...