Weston on Trent Model Railway Show 2017 Saturday 11th November

andyram

I am pleased to officially announce that, despite various rumours and a few doubts, the Weston on Trent Model Railway Show WILL be taking place this year. This ever growing event will take place on SATURDAY 11TH NOVEMBER 2017 from 10.30am - 4.30pm. Once again it will take place at Weston on Trent Primary School, Forrester Avenue, Weston on Trent, Derbyshire DE72 2HX with all proceeds going to the school.

As some people will know, I am leaving the school in July to pursue new challenges after a difficult academic year. My decision to leave had thrown the show into doubt and when I formally resigned in May it looked certain not to happen. However I have been asked by several members of staff if I will organise the show this year and I have agreed. If it is possible to run the event from afar I will not rule out running the event beyond this year.

At present we have several layouts booked and all of our regular traders will be continuing to support the event. I am looking for further layouts to come and help me out this year because I have limited time to put the show together. All offers of support will be welcome. If (and it remains an if) I am to bow out after this year's event  I want to bow out on a high. I want to top our record 21 layout haul. We have an extra classroom to fill this year. Let's make this year's show the best one ever!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Very pleased to be able to support the Weston show again this year and delighted Andy is able to take it forward for another year.

Dava

• 3 weeks later...

Good news to hear you are up and running this coming November, I look forward to bringing Coton-on-Dove for its second outing to a show that has become established and respected.

Would you like me to give the show a plug on the Rolleston-on-Dove Station website?

Kind regards

Clive

• Like 2

Good news to hear you are up and running this coming November, I look forward to bringing Coton-on-Dove for its second outing to a show that has become established and respected.

Would you like me to give the show a plug on the Rolleston-on-Dove Station website?

Kind regards

Clive

Yes please Clive. All publicity is good. I look forward to you bringing Coton. If you wanted to bring Rolleston again instead your original pitch is still available. Up to you I happy to accommodate either layout.

• 2 months later...

Time to bring this show thread up to date, and up closer to the top of the list. Things are progressing very well as we prepare for the sixth Weston on Trent Model Railway show. 

Despite no longer being employed by the school, I have discussed the show with the relevant parties and all systems are go. So far I can confirm that 19 layouts have confirmed their attendance. We are awaiting final confirmation from several others. With an extra classroom available, this year's show looks set to be the biggest in the show's history. As it could be my final one as organiser it would be great to top all of the previous efforts.

A reminder that the show will take place on SATURDAY 11TH NOVEMBER at WESTON ON TRENT PRIMARY SCHOOL. Full show details will be published soon.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem Clive. Can you resend the layout information form to my email so I can put it on file.

Hello Andy

Please can you email me on clivegbaker@icloud.com so that I can send details for Coton-on-Dove for the forthcoming Weston-on-Trent show.

Many thanks

Clive

Another update:

Floor plan almost complete. 24 layouts now in place. A full list will be posted soon.

Unfortunately one of our smaller traders have had to pull out as has the 25th layout. This means there are a couple of small spaces to fill. I may take my under construction layout, Gairloch, to fill the layout gap unless another can be found. The trade may prove more difficult to cover.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Thanks for visiting the show at Burton yesterday. It was good to see you again and catch up on your news.

I am looking forward to your show on Saturday and with twenty plus layouts, it promises to be a great day.

I hope that you get lots of visitors to enjoy your show and to boost school funds.

Jeff (binny)

Hi Andy

Thanks for visiting the show at Burton yesterday. It was good to see you again and catch up on your news.

I am looking forward to your show on Saturday and with twenty plus layouts, it promises to be a great day.

I hope that you get lots of visitors to enjoy your show and to boost school funds.

Jeff (binny)

Thanks Jeff. Like I said on your show's thread - the Burton show was excellent and my only disappointment was that I could not stay longer. I did not get to chat to the two layout owners you suggested as they were busy. 

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday. Hopefully the day will be a success.

I am pleased to release the list of trade stands attending this year's Weston on Trent Model Railway Show on Saturday 11th November.

1) RAVENSTONE MODEL RAILWAYS       - new and second hand model railways.

2) MOTIVE POWER DEPOT                      - new and second hand model railways.

3) KEITH'S MODEL RAILWAYS                - new and second hand model railways.

4) ILKESTON WOODSIDE CLUB SALES - second hand model railways.

5) LINDA TINKLER BOOKS                      - railway books.

6) DOUBLO SCENICS                              - scenic items, including Static Grass Applicator.

7) TONY BREWIN                                     - model buses

We also have displays and demonstrations from:

1) DOVEDALE MODELS - David Wright's model buildings and paintings including models based on John Constable's "Haywain" and buildings from Harry Potter.

2) EREWASH VALLEY MODEL ENGINEERS - Live steam models and a video show of their running line.

3 CARDBOARD MODELS - Peter Marshall's excellent cardboard model display. 

A full layout list will be posted in due course along with any additions or amendments to the above lists.

A reminder that the show opens at 10.30am

Weston on Trent Primary School,

Forrester Avenue,

Weston on Trent, 

Derbyshire, 

DE72 2HX

• Like 2

I can now reveal the full layout list for this year's Weston on Trent show. 

1) SKALEBY WEST                              00 Gauge  Late BR Steam.

2) SWAD LANE.                                    00 Gauge. 1980's Diesel

3) ASTLEY                                            00 Gauge  Western Region Steam

4) DEPOT LANE                                   00 Gauge   BR Blue Diesel

5) EMSWORTH                                    00 Gauge Modern Image

6) WOODWARD LANE                         00 Gauge Preservation

7) ROUND THE COUNTRY                  00 Gauge Steam

8) THOMAS                                          00 Gauge Steam

9) TOWN WALL YARD                         00 Gauge Late Steam / Early Diesel.

10) EVINGTON ST JOHNS                  00 Gauge Diesel

11) FIELD LANE                                   00 Gauge Diesel

12) SOWTERS LANE                           009 Gauge steam

13) COTON ON DOVE                         009 + EM Gauge Steam

14) MALTBY                                          0 Gauge - Steam shunting layout.

15) SUITCASE LAYOUT                        N Gauge

16) WESTON HILLS                              N Gauge BR Steam Era

17) TAMARO                                          N Gauge Swiss railways.

18) GC BRIDGE TO THE NORTH          N Gauge Preservation Era

19) HOWLING MOOR DAM                   N Gauge Steam

20) AKASIN POINT                                N Gauge

21) KENSTADHT                                    Z Gauge

22) IRGENDWOHN STRASSENBAHN   (Awaiting information)

23) FLAGG FLOURSPUR                       16MM

24) BRICKPORT                                     LEGO

25) BATTENBERG                                  G Scale

And possibly

26) GAIRLOCH - 00 Gauge steam (static exhibit - shown as a work in progress)

• Like 1