Weston on Trent Model Railway Show 2017 Saturday 11th November

andyram

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic list of layouts, looking forward to being there with the GCR 'Bridge to the Future' [pointing North!] with festive touches and meeting friends old & new.

Dava

Fantastic list of layouts, looking forward to being there with the GCR 'Bridge to the Future' [pointing North!] with festive touches and meeting friends old & new.

Dava

Mince Pies?

who said pies.................................

• RMweb Premium

We're off to Weston now with the GCR 'Bridge to the Future', come & see us & the other layouts!

Chocolate & real money at the ready, GCR Calendars for sale!

Dava

So, I have just arrived home after picking my wife and daughter up from the in-laws, following the packing up in the school and taking down the road signs. I feel very tired, but very pleased. The show has raised a total of £906 for school funds. A big thank you to all of the exhibitors, traders and visitors - without which there would be no show. I have already thanked the staff who worked so hard on the day, whether it was manning the door and raffle or feeding the visitors from the kitchen. They have done a fantastic job. They are a great team and I certainly appreciate them.

I would also like to thank my friends from church, who ran my layout at times so that I could have a wander around and take some pictures. I will post these in due course. I also cannot let this entry pass without thanking Andy (leopard of this site) who helped out with the setting up on Friday afternoon and again on Saturday morning. He also put up the road signs. A real star!

I will probably sit down and write a blog entry about the show at some point - once I have composed my thoughts. For now. I will just say thanks again.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy and the whole team deserve our thanks, as exhibitors, for yet again organizing such a friendly show, the biggest so far. I've been pleased to exhibit at 4 of the 6 shows and to be at all but one. The GCR Friends team enjoyed it this year.

If it proves to be the last at Weston, it's a high point to go out on.

Dava

It was a pleasure to visit such a friendly show with a large variety of small to medium sized layouts showing visitors what could be achieved in a limited space irrespective of the gauge.

The organisation of the event, the school staff, the catering staff, demonstrators, the traders and the model operators all combined to make it one of the better shows in the area, my thanks to all for making it such an enjoyable event.

My personal favourite which may or may not have won the best in show had the quality of build and innovation that made it stand out. Not everyone would perhaps recognise these features but the owner/operator was only too willing to discuss his project in great detail. I wait or the best in show announcement.

I am now looking forward to the next andyram production.

Michael

• Like 2

Thank you Andy and your excellent team of assistants for organising another "Great Weston" Model Railway exhibition.

I feel privileged to have taken part in 3 of the 6 shows that have supported Weston on Trent Primary School primary school and was totally surprised, yet delighted to be awarded Best in Show yesterday for Coton-on-Dove – Thank you, the trophy will take pride of place, I was lost for words yesterday afternoon.

I have witnessed the exhibition growing, not just in size – number and quality of layouts together with well selected trade support over the previous six years and hope that you Andy will continue as an exhibition manager at your new location.

All the best for the future.

Clive