More 3D - adding something new every week

thanks Keith, sounds like the train I used on occasions. First train on Sunday morning certainly had a parcels van(presumably a GUV). Always felt like a proper train. Not that the Hastings and EMUs were not proper,but a short loco hauled train in that are was different.  It was only the early train, later trains were normally Tadpoles.

• Like 1

Very true Simon...... at one time the cross country route was threatened by the good Doctor but someone had sense just in case we built a tunnel to France. I looked up about the 3 coach sets. They where formed in 1967 and where numbered 11 to 14 full details in R W Kinder's "The Reading to Tonbridge Line".

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/03/2020 at 23:38, PhilJ W said:

A possible subject. A battery electric trolley built in 1927 for the army testing ranges at Shoeburyness.

image.png.563bdcf39d9dd80bff3e75d8574097cb.png

oooo that does look interesting to model. With no dimensions perhaps a brake van kit could be used as the basis?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 09/03/2020 at 23:38, PhilJ W said:

A possible subject. A battery electric trolley built in 1927 for the army testing ranges at Shoeburyness.

image.png.563bdcf39d9dd80bff3e75d8574097cb.png

19 minutes ago, ColinK said:

oooo that does look interesting to model. With no dimensions perhaps a brake van kit could be used as the basis?

That was my thought. There is software that can turn such images into two or three view plans available but you need at least one measurement to produce a good plan. Its the little details that have to be added, even on a 3D print. You may have noticed the corrugated (iron?) roof and it is equipped with sanding gear. It appears to be symetrical going by what is visible of the windows at the far end. 

it looks like it might be based on a wagon chassis. If wheelbase was known or could be estimated it might be possible to derive a drawing, but I would rather someone else looked at that.

As for motorizing I think a SPUD would fit for OO.

• Agree 1

something a bit easier to motorizethe G class, which shares-d a lot with the H, making design a lot easier

metropolitan-railway-g-class-steam-loco1met-lner-m2-class-steam-loco1a.jpg

again only a few differences between Met and LNER modified version. There were a few other small detail changes over the years, but with only 4 locos it seems crazy t0 try to do every varaiant.

• Like 2