More 3D - adding something new every week

2 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Are castings for MSLR/GCR bogies available?

Depending on the bogies. Brassmasters has a robinson 8ft bogie they have sold on separately. It could be adapted or start with a fox bogie and add/ adapt to look accurate. 
richard 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Her is the completed recreation21 gcr directors saloon.

2B01B2AA-D366-4570-8AD9-EC3D9AD770DB.jpeg.5c0531fd3cceefa1be593eec8d2d12d2.jpeg
34089E63-5FA1-42F0-8BFE-F3F8C0A47B88.jpeg.118ecd1d07f8fea3d071d63451482088.jpeg

it goes together really well as a model. Though be careful the drawing shows battery boxes in the centre. They were not and the other side was a gas cylinder. 
the hardest part was the handrails as the roof refitted meant a drill could not be used to make pilot holes for the bottom of the handrail knobs. 
richard 

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 10 months later...

Simon,

I hope you don't mind me suggesting four models ideas that continuing on your from WW1 60cms theme:

1. The standard gauge Manning-Wardle armoured petrol tractor versions 1 and 2.  A handful of each served on both the Western Front and Palestine/Egypt campaigns. Only a couple of photo's on the web, but apparently Statford Barn has the plans for one of the versions and that may be enough with available photos to do both.  I certainly would buy one of each in 00.
  2. The British Army's Hawthorn-Leslie 2'6" gauge 0-4-0 petrol mechanical tractor, used in the Egypt/Palestine campaign.
  3. The Avonside 2'6" gauge 0-4-0 petrol mechanical tractor, also used in Egypt.
  4. The 2'6" gauge army wagons that were included with the loco's sent to Egypt in 1915.  

This thread on the Great War Forum may help a little with some background https://www.greatwarforum.org/topic/213428-can-a-ww1-railway-anorak-id-these/#comment-2110672

cheers,

Chris Henderson

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have not posted much here for a while. I am only really looking at designs where there are good drawings. If someone wants a design done, then I will only look at it if there is a drawing. If I don't have a drawing then I would ask for that person to send me one.  Even then it needs to be a good drawing. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to make best use of my time, now I have reached retirement age .

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, RogerTE said:

To finish off the Metropolitan coaching stock how about the Directors coach, and the Pullman coaches? (Drawings in the Jim Snowdon book)

The basic dimensions of the Metropolitan Pullmans is the same as the old Triang-Hornby Pullmans but with different window spacing. Swap the bogies and cut out and replace the upper sides plus a few minor mods and you have a presentable model.