Holmes Road.

P.C.M

• 1 month later...

Not a lot happening with the layout but I have been playing around with this OBA. The resin chassis rails were not very good and it took a bi t of packing to get one side to sit level but it's looking quite good now the wheels are on. 

If anyone has pics of the underside it would be a great help to work out where the other bits go, though I have a Bachmann OBA to look at.

20200826_221028.jpg

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Not a lot happening with the layout but I have been playing around with this OBA. The resin chassis rails were not very good and it took a bi t of packing to get one side to sit level but it's looking quite good now the wheels are on. 

If anyone has pics of the underside it would be a great help to work out where the other bits go, though I have a Bachmann OBA to look at.

20200826_221028.jpg

I can't help with the specific details of this wagon, much too modern for me.  However, I have had a lot of success here with getting info on various wagon underframes that I have built.  I suggest you create a new thread for this, it might get more views.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, pwr said:

That looks good - whose kit is that please?

Paul R

Hi Paul, It's made by Model Express. I am not sure they are about anymore, I did have a quick look on Google and couldn't find them. I actually thought Buzz Models bought them but I messaged Andrew and he tells me no. But someone did buy them.

Cheers Peter.

• Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, brossard said:

I can't help with the specific details of this wagon, much too modern for me.  However, I have had a lot of success here with getting info on various wagon underframes that I have built.  I suggest you create a new thread for this, it might get more views.

John

Thanks John, I might just do that though I think I have pretty much worked out where everything goes.

Cheers Peter.

On 27/08/2020 at 13:28, P.C.M said:

Hi Paul, It's made by Model Express. I am not sure they are about anymore, I did have a quick look on Google and couldn't find them. I actually thought Buzz Models bought them but I messaged Andrew and he tells me no. But someone did buy them.

Cheers Peter.

I took them over a few years ago (J & M Hughes)

I haven’t got a OBA but had a pic of the OCA as similar underframe

OCA details

Michael

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, mike hughes said:

I took them over a few years ago (J & M Hughes)

I haven’t got a OBA but had a pic of the OCA as similar underframe

OCA details

Michael

Hi Michael, Thanks for posting that pic it's very helpful as it shows what bits I should have although I will need to add what looks like the change over switch. I did ask for help on a facebook page too which was helpful as someone sent me a link to the MMP site which shows one of the underframe detail on his kits.  

There was a bit of interest in my kit and where it can from. As mentioned above I thought Buzz models did them. But now know it's you J&M Hughes. I will get an OCA at some point I believe you have improved the kits from when they were Model Express. 

Thanks again for your help. Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2020 at 11:19, P.C.M said:

Hi Michael, Thanks for posting that pic it's very helpful as it shows what bits I should have although I will need to add what looks like the change over switch. I did ask for help on a facebook page too which was helpful as someone sent me a link to the MMP site which shows one of the underframe detail on his kits.  

There was a bit of interest in my kit and where it can from. As mentioned above I thought Buzz models did them. But now know it's you J&M Hughes. I will get an OCA at some point I believe you have improved the kits from when they were Model Express. 

Thanks again for your help. Cheers Peter.

Thanks, some of them i’ve Improved, takes time though

Michael

I set the layout up outside today and was hoping to run a few trains to test things out.

I wired up the traverser last week, and after powering up the layout it seemed this their was a problem. Sorts even when I removed half the wiring. then I broke the baseboard legs trying to take it down to sort the wiring. I was being a bit rough with it as I had spent half an hour trying to work out the problem. Next problem was my class 25 which did work with sound now works but no sound. 

Needless to say it's now all packed away. Back to working on my oo gauge. 

• Friendly/supportive 5

14 hours ago, GWR57xx said:

@P.C.M apologies if you've already attended to this, but in your photos from 30 June showing the traverser you appear to have soldered the track to copper/brass strip but I don't see any breaks in the metal between the rails?

Funny you mention that. I had cut between the rails, but the sort which is now fixed was because I hadn't cut between the screws and the rail. I hadn't thought the screws going through the bottom of the PCB would be a problem. Anyway all sorted now

Also had a chance to take the body off the class 25. Seems it was a loose wire going into the speaker. It's working now but I might have to replace the speaker if it does it again.

Cheers Peter.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mike hughes said:

Looking good, what did you use for representing the chains on the doors?

Michael

Hi  Michael, 

I Have added a pic of the packet, also a pic of my Heljan OOA which I  has slightly larger chain and looks a bit better but I can't find where I put that so used the smaller size. Hope that helps.

Cheers Peter.

20201002_225908.jpg

20201002_225928.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/10/2020 at 04:28, muddys-blues said:

This orientation problem is a real pain, when pictures form Oz are uploaded onto a UK forum ... :D

Those chains look smart Peter :good:

Best regards

Craig.

image.png.7ff9f26c641fca53410183ec22047b62.png

Thanks Craig, hope you are well, I have been in lockdown for 6 weeks so I am not sure which way is up. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...